alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Tiếng Việt. Visit the Tiếng Việt page for resources in that language.

Wyoming State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Wyoming State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWyoming Vocational Rehabilitation Provide services which are necessary to reach the employment goal. Services include counseling, training, communication devices and interpreter services.  Online directory of local offices.307-777-7389
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWyoming RelayThe Wyoming Relay/Deaf Services Program provides numerous services to individuals who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or speech impaired, and to individuals, businesses, or agencies that work with or assist these individuals.711 for all relay call types
Spanish: 800-676-4290
VCO 877-877-1474    
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWyoming Department of Health:  Developmental DisabilitiesPrograms for people with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries.866-571-0944
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWyoming Governor's Council on Developmental DisabilitiesInformation on state and public resources available for people with disabilities. 307-777-7230
Aging ServicesWyoming Department of Health:  AgingServices for older adults and disabled individuals, Community Living, Healthcare, and Community Facilities.800-442-2766
Animal Health Wyoming Livestock Board: Animal HealthInformation on livestock and wild animal health. Animal Health alerts, forms, and disease information.307-777-7515
Animal Health Laramie Animal ShelterServing Laramie, Albany County. Shelter housing lost pet(s). 307-721-5385
Animal Health Laramie Animal Welfare SocietyServing the Albany County community.  Information about trap, neuter and return (TNR) program; kitten foster and adoption program; pet rehoming;  funding medical care, including spay and neuter for animals at the Laramie Animal Shelter.307-460-3775
Agricultural Aid Wyoming State Farm Service AgencyUSDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides emergency loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine.307-261-5231
Agricultural AidWyoming USDA Rural Development State OfficeUSDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 307-233-6700
Agricultural AidWyoming Department of AgricultureInformation on agricultural programs, consumer health, natural resources, laboratory testing, laws and licenses.307-777-7321
Consumer ServicesAttorney General's Office: Consumer ProtectionConsumer information, investigations, consumer education and consumer complaint services.  Online consumer complaint form available.  307-777-6397
ContractorsWyoming Municipal DirectoryContractor licensing (except electrical) is not done by the state of Wyoming.  Local jurisdiction where the construction activity occurs may license contractors.  Online listing for local contacts.See local contacts listing
ContractorsWyoming Department of Fire Prevention and Electrical SafetyLicensing for master electricians, journeyman electricians, low voltage technicians, and limited technicians.  Electrical inspections, licensing, and permitting for electrical installation.307-777-7288
Crisis CounselingWyoming Behavioral Institute Information for those in psychiatric crisis and their families about treatment and services, no cost assessment 24/7, insurance, and admissions.800-457-9312
Emergency: 911  
Disaster Specific Information   
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceWyoming Department of EmploymentWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.307-235-3264  
Essential NeedsWyoming Department of Family ServicesInformation for public benefits and application information for child care assistance, time limited cash assistance (Power), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Kid Care CHIP, Low Income Energy Assistance, and Weather Assistance Program.307-777-7564
Essential NeedsWyoming Food Bank - Find Food DirectoryListings of food banks and resources. 307-265-2172
Essential NeedsWyoming Food Bank of the Rockies - Mobile Food PantriesListings of Mobile Food Pantries including dates and times of operation. 307-865-2172
Essential NeedsCommodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)UDSA program designed to improve health of low income individuals at least 60 years of age, by supplementing their diets with nutritious food. 307-865-2172
Essential NeedsWyoming Department of Health: Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) ProgramOffers benefits to low-income women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or who just had a baby, and families with children under the age of 5. Nutritious food items, nutrition education, breastfeeding guidance, as well as many other benefits.888-996-937
Family & Protective ServicesWyoming Department of Family Services - Child Protective Services (CPS)Individuals concerned with children at risk for abuse and neglect.  Report abuse or neglect to local Department of Family Services Office.Emergency: 911
Family & Protective ServicesWyoming Department of Family Services - Adult Protective Services (APS)Individuals concerned with possible elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation.  Report abuse or neglect to local Department of Family Services Office. On call caseworker available 24/7.Emergency: 911

Financial AssistanceWyoming Department of Family Services:  Economic AssistanceTemporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary cash assistance for families in need.307-777-7564
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesWyoming Department of Health:  MedicaidMedicaid helps pay for certain health care services, and is available to qualifying families, children, individuals who are aged, blind or disabled, and qualified or non-qualified non-citizens.   Application, eligibility, and provider information.855-294-2127
Health Care ServicesWyoming Department of Health:  Kid Care CHIP Kid Care CHIP provides affordable health coverage including check-ups, dentist visits, vision care, prescriptions and more.855-294-2127
Housing Wyoming USDA Rural Development State OfficeUSDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 307-233-6700
Housing Social - Housing Resource is a non-profit organization that assist tenants and agencies in finding affordable housing for callers free of charge. Using a toll-free number, callers work with trained, bilingual call center specialists to find affordable housing. 877-428-8844
Housing Rentals.comOnline search for available commercial housing unitsRefer to Website
Housing Homes.comOnline search for available commercial housing unitsRefer to Website
Housing TruliaOnline search for available commercial housing unitsRefer to Website
Housing ZillowOnline search for available commercial housing unitsRefer to Website
InsuranceWyoming Insurance DepartmentGeneral insurance information, provider license verification, and complaint reporting services.307-777-7401
Legal ServicesLegal Aid of WyomingLegal assistance to low income individuals across the state of Wyoming. Legal Aid can only provide services in those cases where the civil action is brought in Wyoming courts.  The administrative office is located in Cheyenne and satellite offices are located in Casper, Lander, Rock Springs and Gillette.877-432-9955
 Road ConditionsWyoming Department of Transportation: Travel InformationWyoming Travel Information Service, online travel information map, road and traffic conditions.511
 Road ConditionsWyoming Highway Patrol Applicants may report hazardous road conditions to the Highway Patrol by calling this number.Emergency: 911
Tax AssistanceWyoming Department of RevenueInformation about state taxes for individuals and businesses.  Information about current tax relief programs.307-777-5200
Veterans ServicesWyoming Veterans CommissionInformation and services for veterans including veteran benefits such as pensions, medical care, home loans, burial, and life insurance.307-777-8152
Wyoming Veterans Hotline: 800-833-5987
Veterans ServicesWyoming Department of Health: Veterans HomeProvides a secure, independent lifestyle for veterans who voluntarily seek admission. VHW offers what is known as “domiciliary care,” which is similar to assisted living care and includes food, shelter and other support.307-684-5511
Vital StatisticsWyoming Department of Transportation:  Driver ServicesReplacement identification or driver's licenses, vehicle titles and registration.  Online Driver Services location finder and office information.307-777-4800
Vital StatisticsWyoming Department of Health:  Vital Statistics ServicesReplacement birth, death, marriage certificates and other document services.  Birth records are on file since July 1909.  Death records are on file since July 1909. Marriage and divorce records are on file since May 1941.307-777-7591

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024