alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Tiếng Việt. Visit the Tiếng Việt page for resources in that language.

Utah State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Utah State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesUtah Department of Human Services: Services for People with DisabilitiesSupport includes community living, behavioral support, day services, chore services, environmental adaptations,  supported living and transportation services.Apply: 844-275-3773
General: 801-538-4200        
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesUtah Workforce Services: Rehabilitation Help individuals with disabilities obtain meaningful employment, integrate into the community, improve accessibility in their activities of daily living and determine eligibility for federal disability benefits801-526-9675                 
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesUtah Workforce Services:  Services to the Deaf and Hard of HearingASL interpreters, case management, employment services, Outreach and training.  Division of Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing provides services at two locations: Sanderson Center (Taylorsville) and Southern Utah Program (St. George).Sanderson Office:                
801-263-4860 (v)     
801-657-5200 (vp)
801-263-4862 (tty)
385-414-5677 (text)   Southern Utah:                    
435-652-2453 (v)    
435-216-9305 (vp)                     
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesUtah Independent Living CenterAdvocacy, assistive technology, community integration, peer support, transition, outreach, information & referrals. Serving Salt Lake, Summit, and Tooele Counties.801-466-5565                
ASL Video Phone
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesRelay UtahState and nationwide telephone relay number that connects standard (voice) telephone users with the deaf, hard of hearing, and/or speech challenged individuals who use specialized relay equipment711                               
Spanish: 888-346-3162
Aging ServicesUtah Department. of Human Services: Aging & Adult ServicesSenior Center and Area Agencies on Aging Locator map, adult protective services, legal services, Insurance and employment.  Provides services for seniors such as caregiver support for in-home services.801-538-3910                     
Aging ServicesSalt Lake County Aging & Adult ServicesActive aging, home care, legal services, job training, senior companion, senior transportation.385-468-3200
Aging ServicesTooele County Health Department: Aging ServicesCaregiver support, Congregate Meals, advocacy, falls prevention, group support, meals on wheels, legal aid, insurance, transportation scheduling.Aging Services:       
Aging ServicesFive County Area Agency on AgingHelp identify senior services that may be available to assist with accessing services and resources such as nutrition, transportation, In-home services, Caregiver Support, and other community resources.  Older adults and their caregivers affected by the disaster. Serving Southwestern Utah counties: Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Washington.435-673-3548
Aging ServicesSix County Area Agency on AgingOlder adults and their caregivers affected by the disaster.  Serving seniors in Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier, and Wayne Counties. In-home alternatives, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, Senior Transportation, legal services, Veterans transportation, health insurance, preventative health, and other senior services.435-893-0725
Aging ServicesMountainland Association:  Senior ServicesOlder adults and their caregivers affected by the disaster.  Serving serving seniors and their families in Summit, Utah and Wasatch counties.Senior help, Medicare counseling, assistance at home, nursing home information, caregiving, nutrition.801-229-3800          
Senior Helpline:         
Aging ServicesSoutheastern Utah Association of Local Governments:  Aging ProgramInformation on programs; Veteran, Medicaid & insurance, New Choices Waiver, Alternatives, Caregiver support. Serving Carbon, Emery, Grand, and San Juan counties. 435-613-0036
Animal Health & ShelterUtah Department of Agriculture and Food:  Animal IndustryAnimal industry information, animal health, food stuffs, state veterinary information.801-982-2240
Animal Health & ShelterUtah Valley Animal RescueHumane care and treatment of homeless pets, providing a safe environment for those injured, undernourished and unwanted animals to heal both mentally and physically Online
Agricultural AidUtah USDA Farm Service AgencyOnline USDA Service Center locator, USDA Service Centers are designed to be a single location where customers can access the services provided by the Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the Rural Development agencies. 801-524-4530
Agricultural AidUtah USDA Rural DevelopmentOnline Area office locator.  Single family housing housing, rural programs, producer grants.801-524-4320
Consumer ServicesUtah Office of the Attorney General Internet safety resources, victims rights, commercial enforcement, licensing, 801-366-0260
Consumer ServicesUtah Department of Commerce: Consumer Protection DivisionScams, data breaches, file an online complaint, resources.801-530-6601             
800-721-7233 in Utah   
Online complaint form
ContractorsUtah Department of Commerce: Occupational & Professional LicensingVerify licenses, review for disciplinary actions, file online complaints, 801-530-6628        
Online complaint form
ContractorsUtah requires the licensure of commercial & residential contractors.  
Crisis CounselingUtah Suicide Prevention CoalitionDirectory of Crisis Support Services in Utah.  If immediate danger call 911 and request a CIT (Crisis Intervention team) officer.Emergency: 911                         
Crisis CounselingWeber Crisis LineCrisis line, mental health screening, mental heath services, substance use services, prevention services, aging services.Emergency: 911        
801-625-3700 daytime          801-273-8255 24 hour crisis
Crisis Counseling Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line RECOVERY OUTREACH CENTER (ROC): Crisis mental health consultations to all age groups over the phone and through face to face assessments.  Emergency: 911                  
Utah County:           
Wasatch County:              
Crisis CounselingUniversity of Utah Health Crisis LineCrisis Services and Mobile Crisis Outreach Team  Crisis response and hospital diversion programs for Salt Lake CountyEmergency: 911             
Disaster Specific Information   
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceUtah Department of Workforce ServicesWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.Claims Center              
or 888-848-0688
Essential NeedsUtah Food Bank Services  Online locator for food pantries, & event calendar for  mobile pantries. Information about programs for seniors and children,.211 or 801-978-2452
Essential NeedsUnited Way Utah 211 Online locator for referrals by county or zip code, online chat or text available. 211
Family & Protective ServicesUtah Department of Human Services: Child Protective ServicesIndividuals concerned with children at risk for abuse and neglect.
Utah law requires any person who has reason to believe that a child has been subjected to abuse, neglect, or dependency to immediately notify the nearest office of Child and Family Services, a peace officer, or a law enforcement agency.l.
855-323-3237           Emergency: 911
Family & Protective ServicesUtah Adult Protective Services Individuals concerned with possible elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation.  Utah law mandates any person who has reason to believe that a vulnerable adult is being abused, neglected, or exploited must immediately notify Adult Protective Services or the nearest law enforcement office.800-371-7897   
Emergency 911
Financial AssistanceUtah Department of Workforce Services - Temporary ServicesTemporary services are available for individuals and families to help address basic needs as you work towards gainful employment and self-sufficiency866-435-7414
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesUtah Department of Health: Children's Health Insurance (CHIP)State health insurance plan for children who do not have other insurance. It provides well-child exams, immunizations, doctor visits, hospital, emergency care, prescriptions, hearing and eye exams, mental health services and dental care.877-KIDS-NOW       
Health Care ServicesUtah Department of Health:  Medicaid Health care coverage for Utah’s vulnerable populations. Medicaid is a state/federal program that pays for medical services for low-income pregnant women, children, individuals who are elderly or have a disability, parents and women with breast or cervical cancer.866-435-7414
Salt Lake County:          
Housing InformationUtah USDA Rural Development USDA rural development loans and services.801-524-4320
Housing InformationRentals.comOnline search for available commercial housing units888-501-7368           
Online contact form
Housing InformationHomes.comOnline search for available commercial housing unitsOnline contact form
Housing InformationTruliaOnline search for available commercial housing unitsOnline search & Help
Housing InformationZillowOnline search for available commercial housing unitsOnline search & Help
Housing InformationUtah Housing Corporation: ResourcesForeclosure Prevention, Resources for homeowners, path to home ownership, renter toolkit801-364-0077
InsuranceUtah Division of InsuranceOnline agent lookup, online complaint, information and records request, legal resources.801-957-9200                   
800-439-3805 (in state)
Legal ServicesUtah State Bar Association Online complaint, find a lawyer,  pro bono assistance, modest means lawyer referral.801-531-9077
Legal ServicesUtah Legal ServicesFree legal help for non-criminal cases.  Legal protection from abuse, consumer information such as bankruptcy, debt collection, and credit reports, foreclosure, and estate planning & senior issues, etc.800-662-4245          
Legal ServicesLegal Aid Society of Salt Lake Legal aid for Domestic Violence cases, Domestic relations programs, & Family Law.  Application fees apply.801-328-8849
Roadside AssistanceUtah Department of Transportation: TrafficOnline traffic maps, traffic alerts, weather alerts, road closures.  Online reporting for issues or emergencies.  Cell phone traffic app available.511                             
Out of state:                   
866-511-UTAH (8824)
Tax AssistanceUtah State Tax CommissionState Tax information, forms, refunds, tax payer access point (TAP)801-297-2200              
TDD: 801-297-2020
Veterans ServicesUtah Department of Veteran's and Military AffairsVeterans resources, outreach, first time homebuyers, benefits and services, veterans homes, Forms, vocational rehabilitation, etc.801-326-2372           
Vital StatisticsUtah Department of Public Safety: Driver's License DivisionLicensing, Permits, ID cards, driving record, address change, renewals, etc801-965-4437          
Online chat available
Vital StatisticsUtah Vital Records and StatisticsBirth Certificates, Adoption Records, Death certificates, Marriage or Divorce certificates.   Online services:  order birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates online.801-538-6105                  
Online services available

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024