Flood Insurance Manual
The Flood Insurance Manual is used primarily by insurers and agents selling and servicing NFIP flood insurance.
NFIP Policy Issuances, Endorsements and Bulletins
These underwriting NFIP bulletins and policy issuances from 2004 through 2010, provide additional guidance for insurers and agents selling flood insurance.
- Policy Interpretation 2010-1 – Buildings Over Water That Were Originally Constructed Over Land, February 16, 2010
- Acceptable Documentation for Underwriting Transactions Involving Multi-Property Letters of Map Revision (LOMR) or Letters of Map Amendment (LOMA), May 31, 2007
- Policy Issuance 1-2006, Re-Rating of Substantially Damaged Buildings, October 24, 2006
- Policy Issuance 2-2005, U.S. District Court Order Regarding the Sale of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Insurance in Monroe County, Florida, October 4, 2005
- Policy Issuance 1-2005, Implementation of §209 of the Flood Insurance Reform Act (FIRA), May 19, 2005
- Effective 10/1/04 - Conversion of a Standard Rated Policy to a Preferred Risk Policy Due to a Map Revision or LOMA/LOMR, August 10, 2004
This manual improves clarity of flood insurance claims guidance to NFIP Write Your Own (WYO) companies, flood vendors, flood adjusters and examiners so that policyholders experience consistency and reliability of service.
- The Standard Flood Insurance Policy Commentary is a quick reference document for claims professionals to find current NFIP guidance relevant to key provisions and concepts contained within the Standard Flood Insurance Policy.