The Office of Policy and Program Analysis serves the Department and Agency with broad expertise and an objective, enterprise-wide view, providing exceptional consultation and customer service to help FEMA effectively evaluate, decide, govern, and execute its strategic goals. OPPA promotes efficiency and effectiveness across the Agency while strengthening the linkages among strategy, budget, execution, and performance.
What We Do
On behalf of, and in support of the FEMA Administrator, our office fosters strategic coherence; ensures availability of critical resources; leads agency policy, strategy and innovation; provides unbiased analysis; and drives linkages between strategy, budget, execution, performance integration and accountability. We promote efficiency and effectiveness across the agency through these efforts by providing leaders the information they need to make their decisions.
- The Strategy Division advances the agency's strategic goals of equity, climate resilience, and readiness by leading FEMA's efforts on foresight, innovation, strategic planning, and performance management. The division ensures strategic alignment of FEMA’s priorities and decisions by facilitating change management at all levels of FEMA and building a culture of collaboration and strategic thinking.
- The Policy Division serves as stewards and advocates of the Agency’s mission and priorities by facilitating inclusive and transparent policy development and management, provides enterprise-wide policy support, and coordinates interagency policy for FEMA.
- The Enterprise Data and Analytics Modernization Initiative (EDAMI) was established to build a robust enterprise data analytics capability through improvements in people, process, and technology that increase the Agency’s ability to make data-driven decisions, share information with internal and external partners, and better serve the American people. One of the most critical mission needs is the development of the FEMA Data Exchange (FEMADex), a modernized data analytics platform to replace the legacy Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- The Enterprise Analytics Division (EAD) is FEMA’s champion for building a culture of evidence-based decision-making. EAD staff are the leaders, subject matter experts, and technical specialists who implement the enterprise data strategy via collaboration with FEMA program offices, DHS, and throughout our nation. The Division advances Evidence Act processes and learning across the agency so that leadership and staff consistently use evidence and are looking for ways to improve how they do so. Finally, the EAD team serves as a hub for collaboration and learning across the analytics community, sharing analytics initiatives and findings across the Agency.
- The Defense Production Act (DPA) Program Division provides coordination and guidance for the DPA plans and programs of Federal departments and agencies and supports use of DPA authorities by FEMA and other DHS components.
- The International Affairs Division engages and partners with the international emergency management community to enhance Agency learning and continuous improvement.
- The Audit Liaison Division is responsible for the internal management of all audits by external entities. The Division provides oversight, monitoring, and coordination of the Agency's responses to audits, inspections, and reviews, which are primarily conducted by the DHS OIG and GAO. The Division also facilitates transparency of the Agency to the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Congress.
- The Enterprise Resource Planning Division (ERPD) leads the Agency-wide effort to translate strategic guidance into achievable, credible, affordable packages of capabilities, build those packages into the out-year budgets, and successfully defend them through the multiple Federal resource allocation processes.
- The Business Management Office provides the support and expertise to allow the Associate Administrator and Deputy Associate Administrator to advance OPPA’s goals.
View the FEMA Offices & Leadership page to learn about this program's key staff.