The Office of Policy and Program Analysis serves the Department and Agency with broad expertise and an objective, enterprise-wide view, providing exceptional consultation and customer service to help FEMA effectively evaluate, decide, govern, and execute its strategic goals. OPPA promotes efficiency and effectiveness across the Agency while strengthening the linkages among strategy, budget, execution, and performance.
What We Do
On behalf of, and in support of the FEMA Administrator, our office fosters strategic coherence; ensures availability of critical resources; leads agency policy, strategy and innovation; provides unbiased analysis; and drives linkages between strategy, budget, execution, performance integration and accountability. We promote efficiency and effectiveness across the agency through these efforts by providing leaders the information they need to make their decisions.
- The Strategy and Policy Division integrates and oversees policy coordination across the Agency, and facilitates integrated strategic thinking and planning to ensure a common direction and coordinated outcomes across FEMA.
- The Enterprise Analytics Division effectively drives FEMA forward by building a high-impact, real-time, decision analysis and business intelligence capability within OPPA and across FEMA.
- The Defense Production Act (DPA) Program Division provides coordination and guidance for the DPA plans and programs of Federal departments and agencies and supports use of DPA authorities by FEMA and other DHS components.
- The International Affairs Division engages and partners with the international emergency management community to enhance Agency learning and continuous improvement.
- The Audit Liaison Division is responsible for the internal management of all audits by external entities. The Division provides oversight, monitoring, and coordination of the Agency's responses to audits, inspections, and reviews, which are primarily conducted by the DHS OIG and GAO. The Division also facilitates transparency of the Agency to the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Congress.
- The Enterprise Resource Planning Division (ERPD) leads the Agency-wide effort to translate strategic guidance into achievable, credible, affordable packages of capabilities, build those packages into the out-year budgets, and successfully defend them through the multiple Federal resource allocation processes.
- The Business Management Office provides the support and expertise to allow the Associate Administrator and Deputy Associate Administrator to advance OPPA’s goals.