SANTA FE, New Mexico – The Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Claims Office is hosting two job fairs to fill available job openings.
Job seekers can visit a job fair on December 14, 2022 in Santa Fe, NM, or December 15, 2022 in Las Vegas, NM, and speak directly with recruiters to learn about the positions.
Positions are full-time, in-person and will support individuals, businesses and organizations impacted by the Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Fire. The duty stations for these positions will be in Las Vegas, NM, Mora, NM, or Santa Fe, NM. The annual pay ranges from $55,169 to $123,675.
Santa Fe Community Convention Center
201 W Marcy Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 15 – Las Vegas Job Fair
Old Memorial Middle School
947 Legion Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Job Titles of Open Positions
- Chief Ombudsman (Advocate)
- Claims Representative
- Inventory Management Specialist
- Supply Management Specialist
- Public Affairs Specialist
- Mobile Communications Office Vehicle Operator
Candidates for all positions must be able to represent the Claims Office with integrity and compassion. They must also have customer service experience and strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills. And, they must have demonstrated experience completing high quality work within assigned timeframes.
Here are things to know about for the job fair:
- Interviews may be conducted on site, or you may be asked to participate in an interview later.
- Bring enough copies of your resume to share for each job you want to apply for.
- Bring a valid driver’s license or Social Security card or passport.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Individuals will be required to pass a background investigation that includes finger printing and credit check.
- Employees must participate in direct deposit/electronic funds transfer for salary payment.
If you are unable to attend in person, you can learn about the positions at fema.gov/fact-sheet/hermits-peakcalf-canyon-claims-office-now-hiring. You can also email your resume to: email@example.com.
Positions are open until filled.
About the Hermit’s Peak Fire Assistance Act: On Sept. 30, President Joe Biden signed the Hermit’s Peak Fire Assistance Act that provides $2.5 billion to compensate New Mexicans and Tribal Nations impacted by the Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon Fire. The funding may cover eligible loss including personal injury, loss of property, business loss or financial loss. For more information, visit fema.gov/disaster/current/hermits-peak. For information in Spanish, visit fema.gov/es/disaster/current/hermits-peak.