alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Kreyòl. Visit the Kreyòl page for resources in that language.

Colorado State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Colorado State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesColorado Department. of Labor and Employment - Division of Vocational RehabilitationInformation on state and public resources for citizens with disabilities who wish to return to work.Online directory of local offices
Aging ServicesColorado Division of Aging & Adult ServicesThis service links those who need assistance with state and local area agencies on aging and community-based organization.303-866-5700
Agricultural AidColorado Farm Service AgencyUSDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides emergency loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine.720-544-2876
Agricultural AidColorado Rural DevelopmentUSDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 720-544-2903
Animal Health & ShelteringColorado Department of AgricultureInformation on emergency animal healthcare and sheltering services.303-869-9000
Consumer ServicesColorado Attorney General's Office Information on price gouging and consumer complaint services.720-508-6000
Consumer ServicesColorado Attorney General's Office: Consumer Complaint LineInformation on price gouging and consumer complaint services.800-222-4444
ContractorsColorado Department of Regulatory Agencies: Division of Professions and OccupationsContractor's license verification and consumer complaints services. Colorado does not require the licensure of general contractors.Licensing is required for electrical, asbestos, plumbers, & pesticide trades303-894-7800
Crisis CounselingLarimer Center for Mental Health & Connections  Crisis Line24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help.Emergency: 911
Crisis CounselingColorado Crisis Services24 hour crisis line, walk in locations available in multiple areas of Colorado.Emergency: 911
Text "TALK" to 38255
Online Chat available
Disaster Specific Information   
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceColorado Department of Labor & Employment - UnemploymentWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.800-388-5515
303-536-5615 Conversion Call Center
Essential NeedsColorado Department of Public Health: WIC ProgramNutrition evaluation and monthly vouchers to receive free supplemental, highly nutritious foods such as cereal, cheese, milk, eggs, peanut butter and dried beans.800-688-7777
Essential NeedsFood Bank of the RockiesReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance. Serving 30 Counties877-460-8504
Essential NeedsCommunity Food Share Referral to organizations providing emergency food assistance.  Serving Boulder & Broomfield Counties303-652-3663
Essential NeedsFood Bank for Larimer County Referral to organizations providing emergency food assistance.  Serving Larimer County970-493-4477
Essential NeedsWeld Food BankReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance. Serving Weld County. 970-356-2199
Essential NeedsEmergency Family AssistanceReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance, short term and transitional housing, assistance with rent/deposit and utilities.  Serving City of Boulder and unincorporated Boulder County, including Gunbarrel and the mountain communities of Nederland, Ward, Jamestown, Marshall, Pinecliff, Eldorado Springs, and Coal Creek.303-442-3042
Essential NeedsCatholic Charities of Central ColoradoReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance.  Family services, health and well being, community and other human needs.  Serving a 10-county area with most of the services targeted to people living in Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, El Paso County and Douglas County.Marian House:
Colorado Springs:
Castle Rock:
Essential NeedsCatholic CharitiesReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance, counseling, women's services, affordable housing, shelter, senior services, and community services. Serving Denver area.303-742-0828
Essential NeedsSt Francis Ministries Referral to organizations providing emergency food assistance. Programs and services to transition out of homelessness including day services (showers, phones, mail), employment, housing, outreach, and supplemental storage.  Serving Metro Denver area.303-297-1577
TTY: 1-800-659-2656
Essential NeedsIntegrated Family Community Services Referral to organization providing food assistance; rent, mortgage, and utility assistance; recreational vouchers; financial assistance to crime survivors; holiday food baskets, and school supplies.  Serving Western Arapahoe County and northern Douglas County.303-789-0501
Essential NeedsEvergreen Christian OutreachReferral to organizations providing emergency food assistance.303-670-1796
Essential NeedsWestminster United Methodist Church Referral to organizations providing emergency food assistance.  Food bank and community dinners.  Serves Adams County.303-429-1569
Information & Referrals211 Colorado2-1-1 is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people to vital resources across the state. No matter where you live in Colorado, you can find information about resources in your local community. 211211
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesCO Department of Health Care & Financing - MedicaidReferrals to local state assisted medical facilities and information on how to apply for Medicaid.800-221-3943 // 303-866-2993
Health Care ServicesColorado Children Health Plan Plus - CHIPS ProgramInformation and application assistance in applying for the State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIPS) which provides free or low cost medical insurance for children.  800-359-1991
Housing InformationSocial - Housing Resource is a non-profit organization that assist tenants and agencies in finding affordable housing for callers free of charge. Using a toll-free number, callers work with trained, bilingual call center specialists to find affordable housing. 877-428-8844
Housing InformationColorado US Housing and Urban DevelopmentApplicants will be given the telephone number of their local HUD Public and Indian Housing Office where they can apply for public housing assistance. 303-672-5440 800-955-2232
Housing InformationColorado FSA Rural DevelopmentUSDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 720-544-2903
InsuranceColorado Department. of Regulatory Agencies: Division of InsuranceGeneral insurance information and fraud reporting services.800-930-3745
Legal ServicesColorado Bar AssociationInformation and referrals to attorneys providing legal services to individuals affected by a disaster.800-332-6736
Roadside Assistance  & Road Conditions511 ColoradoRecorded road condition information.511
Tax AssistanceColorado Department of RevenueInformation on filing for state financial assistance.303-238-7378
Veterans ServicesColorado Division of Veterans Affairs Information regarding veteran benefits including pensions, medical care, home loans, burial, and life insurance.Denver: 303-284-6077
Lakewood: 303-914-5837
Grand Junction:
Vital StatisticsColorado Department of Motor Vehicles - Driver's LicensingDuplicate drivers licenses services. 303-205-5600
Vital StatisticsColorado Department of Revenue - DMV Titles & RegistrationsDuplicate auto registrations and titles services. 303-205-5608
Vital StatisticsColorado Vital Records Main NumberReplacement birth/death/marriage certificates and other vital document services.303-692-2000

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024