alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Kreyòl. Visit the Kreyòl page for resources in that language.

Delaware State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Delaware State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesDelaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities/Aging and Disability Resource CenterThe Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities advocates for, provides access to, and coordinates long-term services and supports in the most appropriate setting.800-223-9074
Access and Functional Needs and Disabilities Delaware Developmental Disabilities Services The Division of Developmental Disabilities values persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, honors abilities, respects choice, and achieves possibilities. We work together to support healthy, safe and fulfilling lives.302-744-9600
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesDelaware Developmental CouncilThe mission of the Delaware DDC is to promote and embrace inclusion, equality and empowerment. Online live chat available. 302-739-3333 
Online live chat
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesDelaware Office for the Deaf and Hard of HearingProvide advocacy and support for individuals in obtaining appropriate services or accommodation needs.302-504-4741 
Aging ServicesDelaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities/Aging and Disability Resource CenterThe Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities advocates for, provides access to, and coordinates long-term services and supports in the most appropriate setting.800-223-9074
Agricultural AidUSDA Rural Development-DelawareHousing, utilities and business-cooperative services302-857-3580
Animals/PetsDelaware Humane AssociationWe make “friends for life” by connecting people with animals, and by building strong relationships to better serve our community.Wilmington: 302-571-0111 
Rehoboth Beach:  302-200-7159
Consumer ServicesDelaware AG Fraud and Consumer Protection DivisionThe Fraud and Consumer Protection Division protects the public from securities fraud, consumer fraud, Medicaid provider fraud, antitrust violations, tobacco enforcement, white collar crime and misleading or deceptive business practices.Fraud & Consumer Protection: 302-577-8600  Consumer Protection Unit: 800-220-5424
Consumer ServicesDelaware Consumer Complaint Form/ProcessAbility to file a consumer, investor, civil rights and public trust complaints on line. Online complaint form
Fax form to 302-577-6499
ContractorsDelaware Division of Professional RegulationOnline search for business licenses, professional and occupational licenses, and any disciplinary actions.Online search
Crisis CounselingMobile Crisis Intervention UnitThe Division offers a continuum of Crisis Intervention Services. These services are located throughout the State in the Crisis Intervention Service Centers, the Community Mental Health Centers, the Recovery Response Center and Emergency Rooms. Crisis Intervention Service (CIS) staff are available 24 hours a day to assist people, 18 years and older, with severe personal, family or marital problems. Emergency: 911
Southern Delaware: 800-345-6785
Northern Delaware: 800-652-2929
Crisis CounselingCONTACT DelawareThe 24/7 Crisis Helpline for Delaware receives calls regarding many levels of crisis, from asking for information and referral, to discussing daily struggles, to processing suicidal thoughts. We define a crisis as any moment that is overwhelming for the individual who is calling.  No crisis is too small.Emergency: 911 
Helpline:  800-262-9800
Crisis CounselingBrandywine Counseling and Community ServicesBrandywine Counseling & Community Services, Inc. (BCCS) is a welcoming and innovative organization that contributes to stronger communities and enhances quality of life by creatively providing Education, Prevention, Early Intervention, and Treatment Services.Emergency: 911
Disaster Specific  Information  
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceDelaware Division of Unemployment Insurance Information CentersWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.302-761-6576
Essential NeedsDelaware 2-1-1Delaware's free human service referrals and community resources2-1-1
Online chat available
Essential NeedsDelaware Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infant, ChildrenThe Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infant and Children, popularly known as WIC, is a federal nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.Hudson: 302-605-4066
West End: 302-605-6653
Northeast/Claymont: 302-605-4099
Kent County: 302-605-1833/4077 (Spanish)
Sussex County: 302-605-4055/4077 (Spanish)
Essential NeedsFood Bank of DelawareOur Mission is to provide nutritious foods to Delawareans in need and facilitate long term solutions to the problems of hunger and poverty through community education and advocacy.Newark: 302-292-1305 
Milford: 302-424-3301
Family & Protective ServicesDelaware Department of Services for Children, Youth and their FamiliesIndividuals concerned with children at risk for abuse and neglect.  Provides a range of services for children who have experienced abandonment, abuse, adjudication, mental illness, neglect, or substance abuse. Its services include prevention, early intervention, assessment, treatment, permanency, and after care. Emergency: 911 
Report Line: 800-292-9582 
Child Priority Response Hotline:800-969-4357
Family & Protective ServicesDelaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities/Aging and Disability Resource CenterThe Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities advocates for, provides access to, and coordinates long-term services and supports in the most appropriate setting.Emergency: 911
TTD: 302- 424-7141
Financial AssistanceTemporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)  is Delaware's main cash assistance program. It is administered through a joint effort of the Division of Social Services (DSS), Delaware Department of Labor, Delaware Department of Transportation and the Delaware Economic Development Office. The goal of TANF is to give people temporary help until they get a job. Within the program both the State and the TANF client have responsibilities. The State provides positive incentives for the family to become self-sufficient, and the family must accept responsibility to become self-sufficient and self-supporting. Time on TANF is limited for most people. You can get benefits for 36 months, but you must work or participate in work related activities for 30 hours a week to receive a TANF check.800-372-2022
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesDelaware Medicaid and Medical AssistanceMedicaid furnishes medical assistance to eligible low-income families and to eligible aged, blind and/or disabled people whose income is insufficient to meet the cost of necessary medical services. Medicaid pays for: doctor visits, hospital care, labs, prescription drugs, transportation, routine shots for children, mental health and substance abuse services.302-571-4900 
Health Care ServicesDelaware Health Care CommissionThe Delaware General Assembly created the Delaware Health Care Commission in June of 1990 to develop a pathway to basic, affordable health care for all Delawareans.302-255-4750
Health Care ServicesDelaware Healthy Children Program (CHIP)The Delaware Healthy Children Program is a low cost health insurance program for Delaware's uninsured children. The Delaware Healthy Children Program features the same high-quality coverage you'd get with some of the best private insurance plans.800-996-9969
HousingUSDA Rural Development DelawareWe offer loans, grants and loan guarantees to support economic development and essential services such as housing, health care, first responder services and equipment, and water, electric and communications infrastructure.We help rural residents buy or rent safe, affordable housing and make health and safety repairs to their homes.302-857-3580
HousingSocial provides a fully-staffed, toll-free English/Spanish call center that helps landlords list and helps tenants search for properties while monitoring the availability and accuracy of listings877-428-8844 
Relay Service: 711
InsuranceDelaware Department of InsuranceProtecting Delawareans through regulation and education while providing oversight of the insurance industry to best serve the public.302-674-7300 
Legal ServicesDelaware State Bar Association Referral ServiceLawyer Referral Service.  The Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is strictly a referral service.  Members of the public who call are interviewed and will have to give their name, address, phone and a brief description of the problem.  LRS then selects and notifies an attorney who practices primarily in that particular area of the law.  The lawyer then sets up an appointment with the client.  A $35 fee is payable at the time of the appointment and entitles the client to 30 minutes of consultation.  If the referral results in the attorney accepting the case, the attorney and the client make arrangements regarding payment of attorney’s fees.302-658-5279
Legal ServicesLegal Services Corporation of DelawarePrivate non profit law firm using the practice of law to help low income families in Delaware.Dover:  302-734-8820 
Wilmington: 302-575-0408
Roadside Assistance Delaware Department of TransportationReport traffic issues, get traffic and road information, bus stops, and weather affecting transportation.  Online travel map available with data layers for travel advisories, weather, restrictions, charging stations and bus stops.302-760-2080
Tax PreparationDelaware Division of RevenueInformation on state taxes and tax services for individuals and businesses. 302-577-8200
Veterans ServicesDelaware Commission of Veteran's Affairs Assists veterans and their family members in obtaining benefits and working with other government agencies and civic organizations to facilitate assistive services. 302-739-2794
Vital StatisticsDelaware Division of Motor VehiclesA customer service representative may be contacted directly during normal business hours by dialing one of the four DMV phone numbers listed below. In some cases, your call may be transferred to a DMV specialist to provide additional assistance and/or information. Online live chat available. Delaware City: 302-326-5000 
Greater Wilmington:302-434-3200
Dover:  302-744-2500  Georgetown:  302-853-1000
Online Live Chat
Vital StatisticsDelaware Birth and Death Records, Office of Vital StatisticsThe public can obtain individual copies of birth, death, adoptee, marriage, same-gender marriage and civil union certificates 877-888-0248

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024