alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Español. Visit the Español page for resources in that language.

Oklahoma State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Oklahoma State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilityOklahoma Developmental Disabilities Council (ODDC)Disaster survivors seeking resources for people with disabilities. Includes information on accessing services, support and advocacy, transportation, adaptive technology, planning, and caregiver support and training.405-521-4984
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilityOklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services to the Deaf and Hard of HearingResources and information for disaster survivors who are deaf or hearing impaired and their families.Voice/TTY: 405-522-7930
Video Phone:  800-833-8973
Online email contact form
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilityTulsa Speech and Hearing AssociationDisaster survivors who are deaf or hearing impaired and their families.Interpreter Services, Hearing devices, Community Education, Workshops, and Child Summer camps. 24/7 Interpreter Services Emergencies.Voice/TTY: 918-832-8742
Voice/TTY:  888-311-3523
24/7 Interpreter Service Emergencies: 888-311-3523
Aging ServicesOklahoma Department of Human Services: Aging ServicesInformation and resources for older people including Adult Day Services, Advantage Services, legal services, long term care, nutrition,  and transportation. Senior Info Line:  800-221-2116
Abuse Hotline: 800-522-3511
Agricultural AidOklahoma Farm Service Agency Farmers & ranchers in the declared area with damages may be eligible for assistance.405-742-1130
Agricultural AidOklahoma USDA Rural DevelopmentUSDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas.  Online directory for state regional offices.800-522-3819
Animals/PetsOklahoma State Department of Agriculture Food and ForestryInformation about animal disaster plans and resources.  Topics such as animal disease, permitting, veterinarians, and wildlife services. 405-521-3864
Consumer ServicesOklahoma Office of the Attorney General: Citizen ResourcesInformation for consumer protection,  scams, price gouging, online complaint filing,  and other consumer related concerns.405-521-3921
Consumer Complaints:
ContractorOklahoma Construction Industries Board: Consumers Online license and registration verification tool, contractor complaints, and  consumer related concerns.405-521-6550
ContractorOklahoma does not require the licensure for general contractors.    
Specialty trades such as: electrical, mechanical, and plumbing must be licensed. 
Crisis CounselingOklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services: Hotlines and HelplinesDirectory of Crisis Hotlines and Helplines provide crisis support, and counseling.Emergency: 911
See website for various hotlines and agencies. 
Disaster Specific  InformationTBD  
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceOklahoma Employment Security CommissionWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.888-980-9675
EnvironmentOklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Information about air, water, land and environmental protection. Individuals seeking to report spills, violations, emergency environmental events that affect public health. Online Environmental complaint.800-869-1400
24/7 Emergency Response/Complaints Hotline:
Essential NeedsOklahoma Department of Human Services: HotlinesDisaster survivors requesting information on food stamp eligibility requirements and/or other essential needs information.Director's Helpline: 405-521-2779
Essential NeedsOklahoma Department of Human Services: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) information, food stamp eligibility requirements and/or other essential needs information.  Online directory of local offices.405-521-3444
Essential NeedsCommunity Food Bank of Eastern OklahomaOnline "Get Help" directory by address or zip code for emergency food assistance.  Serving Osage, Washington, Nowata, Craig, Ottawa, Rogers, Mayes, Delaware, Tulsa, Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, Creek, Okmulgee,  Haskell, Pittsburg, Latimer, Leflore, Pushmataha, Choctaw, McCurtain, Muskogee, Sequoyah, McIntosh.Tulsa: 918-585-2800
McAlester: 918-429-7755
Essential NeedsRegional Food Bank of OklahomaOnline "Get Help" directory by address or zip code for emergency food assistance.  Serving Cimarron, Texas, Beaver, Harper, Woods, Alfalfa, Grant, Kay, Ellis, Woodward, Major, Garfield, Noble, Pawnee, Dewey, Blaine, Kingfisher, Logan, Payne, Lincoln, Roger Mills, Custer, Caddo, Canadian, Oklahoma, Okfuskee, Beckham, Washita, Caddo, Grady, Cleveland, Pottawatomie, Seminole, Hughes, Greer Kiowa, Comanche, Stephens, Garvin, Pontotoc, Coal, Harmon, Jackson, Tillman, Cotton, Jefferson, Carter, Murray, Johnston, Atoka, Love, Marshall, Bryan.405-972-1111
Essential NeedsOklahoma United Way - 211 Information and Referral HelplineDisaster survivors seeking emergency food, shelter, clothing, medical, crisis counseling, utility, or rental assistance.  Online directory for services.211
Family & Protective ServicesOklahoma  Department of Human Services: Child Protective ServicesIndividuals concerned with children at risk for abuse and neglect.Emergency: 911
Family & Protective ServicesOklahoma Department of Human Services:  Adult Protective ServicesIndividuals concerned with possible elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation.  Contact  local DHS County Office,  online locator available.Emergency: 911
Financial AssistanceOklahoma Department of Human Services: Temporary AssistanceTemporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) information, temporary assistance eligibility requirements and/or other essential needs information.405-521-4391
FraudOklahoma Office of the Attorney General: Citizen ResourcesInformation for consumer protection,  scams, price gouging, online complaint filing,  and other consumer related concerns.405-521-3921
Consumer Complaints:
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesOklahoma Department of HealthHealth Department information, online services, family health, disease prevention, and online listing for county health departments.405-271-5600
Health Care ServicesOklahoma Healthcare Authority Information about state medical insurance assistance, SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid) is a health coverage program jointly funded by the federal and state government.800-987-7767
HousingOklahoma HUD - Public & Indian Housing Customer Service Center Information about affordable housing, home ownership, rental help, avoid foreclosure, and local resources.  Online apartment search, and directory of local offices.Resource Center: 800-955-2232
Oklahoma City: 405-609-8400
HousingOklahoma USDA Rural Development AgencyRural area residents living in communities with populations of 20,000 or less, who are in need of reduced fee, low interest and no down payment mortgage assistance.800-522-3819
Identity TheftOklahoma Office of the Attorney General: Citizen ResourcesInformation for consumer protection,  scams, price gouging, online complaint filing,  and other consumer related concerns.405-521-3921
Consumer Complaints:
InsuranceOklahoma Insurance CommissionerConsumer Insurance information800-522-0071
Legal ServicesOklahoma Bar Association: PublicPublic legal resources to find a lawyer referral, free legal information, self help resources and lawyer complaints.405-416-7000
Legal ServicesLegal Aid Services of OklahomaInformation and resources, fee or low cost legal advice and services. Non criminal case involving basic needs.  Online directory of law offices.888-534-5243
Legal ServicesOklahoma Indian Legal Services Oklahoma Indian Legal Services (OILS) is a non-profit legal aid office that provides services to low-income Indians living in Oklahoma. The attorneys and staff at OILS represents Indian people in civil cases that are connected to their Indian status. 800-658-1497 (in state)
Roadside Assistance Oklahoma Department of TransportationInformation on hazardous road conditions, online traffic map, traffic advisories, public transportation, and 511
Tax PreparationOklahoma Department of RevenueInformation about state taxes for individuals and businesses. Online services available.405-521-3160
Veterans ServicesOklahoma Department of Veteran Affairs Information for veteran and families, benefits, veterans services, veterans centers, and resources.Central Office: 405-523-4000
Toll Free: 855-701-6382
Vital Statistics Oklahoma Tax Commission: Motor VehicleReplacement Titles and registrations.  Online services available.405-521-3221
Vital StatisticsOklahoma Department of Public SafetyReplacement Identification and driver's licenses.  Directory Online services available.Driver License Help Desk:
Vital StatisticsOklahoma Department of HealthReplacement birth, death, and marriage certificates or other vital statistic documents.  Online services.405-271-4040

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024