FEMA Region 6 office, located in Denton, Texas oversees federal emergency management for 68 Tribal Nations and the following states:
Environmental Planning and Historic Preservation
Potential impacts to the environment and cultural resources must be considered when a community applies for FEMA funding through Public Assistance, Hazard Mitigation Assistance and Preparedness Grants.
- Find resources to help conduct an environmental and historic preservation review
- Get guidance for grant applications
- View listings of regional environmental assessments and notices
Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP)
Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP) is a national FEMA program that works with states, tribes, territories and local communities to evaluate and better understand their current flood risk, as well as the actions that can be taken to mitigate and become more resilient against future risk.
- Learn about the Risk MAP program
- Find location-specific project information using Risk MAP products, which provide user friendly analysis of flood risks
Determining Available Flood Hazard Information
The Available Flood Hazard Information (AFHI) tables are produced quarterly and may be issued intermediately in response to a Federal Disaster Declaration. AFHI tables allow access to all available flood hazard information within the FEMA flood mapping program, allowing communities, state, and federal entities access to all available data.
- Arkansas - Available Flood Hazard Data Tables
- Louisiana - Available Flood Hazard Data Tables
- New Mexico - Available Flood Hazard Data Tables
- Oklahoma - Available Flood Hazard Data Tables
- Texas - Available Flood Hazard Data Tables
Base Level Engineering (BLE) Tools and Resources
We have resources to assist communities for the local review and incorporation of Base Level Engineering datasets in their floodplain management activities. These tools connect up with BLE data available, free-of-charge, on the interactive on-line portal, known as the Estimated Base Flood Elevation (estBFE) Viewer.
View All Base Level Engineering Resources
Leadership and Contacts
Appointed in January 2013. Under his leadership, the Region has awarded and managed over $1 billion in grant funding each fiscal year to assist Region 6 partners.
Tony Robinson Full Bio
Deputy Regional Administrator
His responsibilities include oversight and implementation of response and recovery operations for presidentially declared disasters in the five-state region.
Moises Dugan Full Bio