FEMA Case Study Library
- COVID-19 Best Practice Case Studies
- Interagency Recovery Coordination Case Studies
- Mitigation Best Practices
- Preparedness Grants Case Studies
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Case Studies
- Loss Avoidance Studies
- Risk MAP Best Practices
- Cooperating Technical Partners Program Success Stories
Search All Case Studies
Proposed communitywide mitigation solution that will counter the effects of climate change, protect nearly 1,000 structures from flooding, and yield multiple ancillary benefits.
Homeowners impacted by the stress, financial loss and loss of quality of life are willing to sell their homes and move away from the constant flooding in their community.
A highly vulnerable coastal community will gain improvements through improving a local seawall to reduce National Flood Insurance Program claims and protect this disadvantaged community with an adaptive flood protection system.
Cranford Township, a community that voluntary participate in the Community Rating System (CRS) , leverages their Union County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan to identify structures to elevate which benefit the whole community.