South Carolina Hurricane Matthew

South Carolina

Incident Period: Oct 4, 2016 - Oct 30, 2016

Declaration Date: Oct 11, 2016

world globe

Local Resources

Local News & Media

Visit the News & Media page for events, fact sheets, press releases and other multimedia resources.

Local Resources Custom Text OLD - DO NOT USE

What to Expect After You Apply

Once homeowners register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, a FEMA housing inspector will call to schedule an inspection for those living in designated counties.

Filing a Flood Insurance Claim

If you have experienced a flood, you can file your flood insurance claim by following these steps on

Beware of Fraud & Scams When Seeking Disaster Assistance

After a disaster scam artists, identity thieves and other criminals may attempt to prey on vulnerable survivors. The most common post-disaster fraud practices include phony housing inspectors, fraudulent building contractors, bogus pleas for disaster donations and fake offers of state or federal aid. Learn how to address disaster fraud.

Volunteer and Donate - South Carolina                                                                     

Monetary Donations – The One SC Fund supports & directs funds to nonprofit organizations providing disaster relief & recovery assistance.

Volunteer Opportunities – First consider volunteering within your own networks, such as churches or civic groups. If you are not affiliated with a group, please register at to be matched with appropriate opportunities & training.

SC Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (SCVOADs) – Additionally, consider making a direct donation to or finding local volunteer opportunities with relief organizations listed at the SC Emergency Management Division website below.

Clothing & Food – Please take these donations to charitable organizations in your community. You can confirm most-needed food items by contacting the South Carolina Food Bank Association.

For updates & additional information, please call 1-888-585-9643, or visit

Funding Obligations

Individual Assistance Amount
Total Housing Assistance (HA) - Dollars Approved $32,647,472.31
Total Other Needs Assistance (ONA) - Dollars Approved $7,053,390.20
Total Individual & Households Program Dollars Approved $39,700,862.51
Individual Assistance Applications Approved 11647
Public Assistance Amount
Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated $164,999,618.15
Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated $70,559,773.95
Total Public Assistance Grants Dollars Obligated $243,842,687.10

Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) List

Nothing to show.
Last updated