FEMA Mobile App
Download the FEMA App
Get it on Google Play. You can also download the app via text messaging on an Android device: Text ANDROID to 43362 (4FEMA)
Download on the Apple App Store. You can also download the app via text messaging on an Apple Device: Text APPLE to 43362 (4FEMA)
If you use text messaging, standard message and data rates apply. Learn more about our text messages.
Features in the App
- Receive real-time alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide.
- Share real-time notifications with loved ones via text, email and social media
- Learn emergency safety tips for over 20 types of disasters, including fires, flooding, hurricanes, snowstorms, tornadoes, volcanoes and more.
- Locate open emergency shelters and disaster recovery centers in your area where you can talk to a FEMA representative in person.
- Prepare for diasters with a customizable emergency kit checklist, emergency family plan, and reminders.
- Connect with FEMA to register for disaster assistance online.
- Toggle between English and Spanish.
- Follow the FEMA blog to learn about the work FEMA does across the United States.
FEMA App Promotional Toolkit
The FEMA App Social Media Toolkit includes talking points, graphics, and other promotional materials.
FEMA text messages are sent from our dedicated number: 43362.
You can use FEMA's text message program to:
- Search for open shelters and open disaster recovery centers in your area.
- Receive safety tips to help you prepare for common disasters.
- Receive a link to download the FEMA app.
- For emergencies, contact your local police, fire, or emergency medical services (EMS) agencies.
- A FEMA representative will not send text messages asking for personal or financial information and will never ask for money. If you suspect disaster fraud, report it immediately.
- We will never charge you for text messages, but carrier message and data rates may apply. Your carrier may collect additional data elements; please see their privacy policies for further details.
- We will not use your number for tracking, reverse look up, or any type of commercial marketing.
- FEMA inspectors may send text messages from their cell phones to schedule a time for your home inspection.
- In some cases, you may receive an automated text message from a third party on behalf of FEMA regarding your registration for FEMA assistance.
Search for Emergency Shelters Near You
To locate an open emergency shelter, text SHELTER and a Zip Code to 43362.
Note: Searching for shelters will not add you to a list.
Find Open Disaster Recovery Centers in Your Area
To locate an open Disaster Recovery Center, text DRC and a Zip Code to 43362.
Note: Searching for Disaster Recovery Centers will not add you to a list.
Sign Up For Safety Tips
Sign up to receive general information about how to prepare for any type of disaster:
Text PREPARE to 43362
To see a list of other disaster specific safety tips you can subscribe to, text one of the keywords below to 43362. You can also get a list by texting LIST to 43362.
If you would like to subscribe to more than one list, please send a separate text for each topic.
Sending STOP will automatically unsubscribe you from all lists.