cHECk-RAS is a program developed by FEMA to verify the validity of an assortment of parameters found in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) HEC-RAS hydraulic modeling program. This page outlines information on how to download and run the latest version of cHECK-RAS and receive additional information on the cHECk-RAS program.
Summary and cHECk-RAS 2.0.1 Release
cHECk-RAS is a program designed to verify the validity of an assortment of parameters found in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) HEC-RAS hydraulic modeling program. cHECk-RAS utilizes information generated by HEC-RAS (all versions through the latest version, 5.0.7. Note, cHECk-RAS is not compatible with the two-dimensional component of HEC-RAS 5.0.7.
The following changes have been made with the cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1 Release:
- The ‘Read Geometry’ error related to rating curves experienced by some users when using the program to check certain models will be resolved
- Variables will populate appropriately in all 314 cHECk-RAS messages generated by the program
- Users will be able to install the cHEC-RAS program to a non-default location on their computer without affecting the ability to use cHECk-RAS
- Users will be able to input a specific surcharge value to be checked as an alternative to choosing from the pre-defined list of state surcharge values
- cHECk-RAS 2.0.1 User Guide enhancements to reflect the latest features
New and Current Users
Current users of cHECk-RAS users can find software updates, bulletins and support on the cHECk-RAS users page.
The cHECk-RAS tutorial demonstrates the many functions of the program, including basic information about the HEC-RAS program. This tutorial is designed for cHECk-RAS Version 2.0.1. Your device must meet all Online Tutorial System Requirements to take advantage of all tutorial features. View the latest known issues for the cHECk-RAS 2.0.1 software release.
Subscribe to Receive cHECk-RAS News and Information
Please register to receive email updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities including the latest on cHECk-RAS.
For More Information
For more information or additional assistance, contact a Map Specialist in the FEMA Mapping and Insurance eXchange (FMIX).