San Juan, Puerto Rico—Additional Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) are now open in Barranquitas and Río Grande. The joint DRCs, a partnership between the municipality, the Government of Puerto Rico and FEMA, will help Hurricane Fiona survivors apply for FEMA assistance, upload documents needed for their application and answer questions in person.
Representatives from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are on hand at the DRC to provide program information and explain how to apply for SBA’s low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, businesses, private nonprofits and renters, and provide information about repairs and rebuilding to make homes more disaster resistant.
Services are provided in English and Spanish. If you need a reasonable accommodation or a sign language interpreter to communicate with FEMA, please send an email to FEMA- PRaccesible@fema.dhs.gov. You can also call 1-833-285-7448, press 2 for Spanish.
The centers in Barranquitas and Río Grande are located at:
- Centro de Recepciones y Bellas Artes Sala de Recepción, Ramal 152, Ave. Jose Zayas Green Barrio Barrancas, Barranquitas, PR 00794
- Cancha de Balonmano Néstor Milete Echevarría, Carr. 3, Río Grande, PR 00745
Open 7 days a week 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A FEMA Hazard Mitigation Community Education Outreach Specialist will be on site to assist survivors in preparing for future incidents.
DRCs are also open in Caguas, Mayagüez, Cayey, Vega Baja and Ponce seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The locations are:
- Centro de Bellas Artes de Caguas, Calle Padial Esquina Calle Ruiz Belvis, Caguas, PR 00725
- Cancha de Baloncesto Bo. Colombia, Calle Desengaño Barrio Colombia, Mayagüez, PR 00680
- Polideportivo Francisco “Frankie” Colón Alers, Ave. Los Caobos Final, Ponce, PR 00716
- Estadio Pedro Montañez Carretera, Núm. 14, Km 69.7 Calle Matías Soto, Barriada San Cristóbal, Cayey, PR 00736
- Centro Comunal Los Naranjos Comunidad Los Naranjos, Calle 2 Barrio Cabo Caribe, Vega Baja, PR 00693
To find a DRC nearest you, click on the FEMA DRC link: Fema.gov/drc.
You may also register for assistance with FEMA through your smart phone, home computer or by phone. The fastest ways to apply for assistance are:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- Download FEMA’s mobile app. Select Disaster Resources and click on Apply for Assistance Online.
- By phone at 1-800-621-3362. Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and 3 for all other languages. People who use a relay service such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, provide FEMA the number for that service. Phone lines operate from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. seven days a week.