How to Replace Vital Documents Lost or Damaged by Vermont's Floods

Release Date:
August 21, 2023

If you lost vital documents during Vermont’s July floods – such as birth and marriage certificates, Social Security cards, driver’s licenses or medical records – you can get replacements from the following contacts:

Federal Documents

Permanent Resident Card (Green Card): 

Medicare cards:

  • Phone: 800-633-4227; (TTY) 877-486-2048
  • Website:

Military records:


Social Security card:

  • Phone: 800-772-1213; (TTY) 800-325-0778
  • Website:

 U.S. Savings Bonds (Department of the Treasury):

U.S. tax documents (IRS):

COVID-19 Vaccination cards: 

State Documents

Birth, death, marriage, divorce records:

Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit, Non-Driver ID, vehicle registration:

3SquaresVT (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program):

EBT / P-EBT Cards (Electronic Benefit Transfer / Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer):

  • Phone: 1-800-914-8605

State tax documents:

Personal Documents

Real estate and property documents:

  • Contact the office of your county clerk

Credit cards:

  • Contact your credit card company

Insurance Documents:

  • Contact your insurance agent

Medical Records:

  • Call your doctor or medical insurance company
    • Your pharmacy can print a list of all your prescriptions (medical and prescription records are tracked electronically)

Credit Reports from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion: 

Last updated