The FEMA Tender of Service Program allows FEMA to schedule and book transportation with pre-approved private sector Transportation Service Providers (TSPs). FEMA invites TSPs serving any mode of transportation (air, maritime, rail, or trucking) to register with the Program to become a FEMA-Approved TSP. Please carefully review this site for information regarding requirements for Program participation and registration instructions. You may contact the FEMA Tender of Service Program directly at FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov if you have questions or need additional information.
Registration for the 2021 Program Year is now open! Please read below for updates to the program requirements. Registration will be open from December 3rd, 2020 to February 12th, 2021. Onboarding requests submitted after February 12th, 2020 will be rejected.
BEWARE OF POSSIBLE SCAMS
If you've been contacted by someone claiming they can register your company with the FEMA Tender of Service Program or increase your chances of being awarded a contract in exchange for a fee, this is not true.
You should never give money to any individual making such claims. Please email us with any questions or concerns.
Key Program Dates
- 2021 Onboarding Open Enrollment: Dec. 3, 2020 through Feb. 12, 2021
- Training Session - How to Upload Trucking Rates During the Open Bid Cycle: Feb. 16 & 17, 2021 (details coming soon!)
- Open Bid Cycle for 2021 Approved TSPs: March 1, 2021 through March 26, 2021
- New rates go live and 2021 Program Year begins: May 1, 2021
How to Become a FEMA-Approved Transportation Service Provider
For questions or additional information about the FEMA Tender of Service Program, please contact FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov.
1. Carefully Read the Guidelines
- FEMA Standard Tender of Service (2021)
- FEMA Uniform Rules Tariff No. 300
- U.S. Government Freight Transportation Handbook
2. Submit a Completed User Request Form
Send an email to FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov with your completed Logistics Supply Chain Management System user request form. Once approved, FEMA will respond with a username and password for access to FEMA’s Logistics Gateway to upload documents. Please note: The User Request Form is the ONLY form we accept by email.
3. Learn How to Upload Documents
Download the Carrier Document Upload Reference Guide and review the instructions for how to upload documents to FEMA’s Carrier Document Management application in Logistics Gateway.
4. Upload the Required Documents
Upload PDF copies of the following documents to FEMA’s Carrier Document Management:
- Signed and dated FEMA Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Agreement (2021)
- ACORD form with valid cargo insurance of at least $300,000 (NO EXCEPTIONS) and the covered modes of transportation.
- Copy of the firm's current SCAC Assignment letter from NMFTA
- For TSPs that selected to provide TTHU services: A one-page document demonstrating a minimum of 1-year experience moving TTHUs.
Email FEMA Transportation Programs FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov to notify when all documents have been uploaded.
5. Verify on SAM.gov
Visit the System for Award Management (SAM) to verify that your company’s registration is current and active.
6. Receive Prompt from FEMA to enroll in Third Party Payment System Syncada
Once a TSP has met all other approval requirements for the FEMA Tender of Service Program, a FEMA STOS team member will send an email to the TSP with information on how to contact U.S. Bank to enroll with Syncada. You may not contact US Bank unless you receive this email from FEMA.
TSPs that complete all 6 steps will be reviewed by FEMA and notified if they have been approved for participation in the FEMA Tender of Service Program.
After FEMA Approval
Transportation Service Providers that have been approved for participation in FEMA Tender of Service Program will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete Logistics Gateway Training
A link to Logistics Gateway training will be provided following FEMA’s verification of the TSPs enrollment in Syncada. To complete this step, Transportation Service Providers must:
- Complete Logistics Gateway Training
- Pass a quiz on the training material with a score of 80% or higher, and send a copy of the Certificate of Completion to email@example.com.
- Once these two items are complete, FEMA will notify you when you have been granted access to the Web Tenders application
2. Submit Linehaul & Accessorial Rates – Currently Closed
Approved TSPs have the option to submit linehaul & accessorial rates for Full Truck Load and LTL services via FEMA’s Transportation Procurement System during the open rate filing cycle each year. Information regarding the dates of the next open rate filing cycle will be posted as it becomes available.
Please note: TSPs that do not submit rates during the open rate cycle will only be eligible to participate in One Time Only (OTO) Bid opportunities.
- FEMA does not have a load board and does not use automated tendering. FEMA will contact you directly if you are being offered a load.
- Registration with the Program does not guarantee that you will be offered transportation business with FEMA.
- FEMA’s transportation needs are highly dependent on disaster response requirements. The FEMA Tender of Service Program fulfills transportation needs for incidents that are impactful enough to require a National-level response. There may be times when FEMA has very few transportation requirements as well as times when FEMA has an urgent need for a great deal of transportation support.
- FEMA may contact your business at any time, 24/7, for transportation assistance. It is important to provide us with a single point of contact (email and phone #) that is monitored 24 hours per day.
- All air, maritime, and rail moves are spot bid. Transportation Service Providers are not required to submit rates for these modes.
- FEMA requires Truck Transportation Service Providers to submit rates annually during the open bid cycle. FEMA does not award specific lanes to specific carriers; all submitted rates are loaded into our system.
- All FEMA-Approved Transportation Service Providers are eligible for spot bid opportunities, but not all will be contacted for every spot bid. Instead, FEMA reaches out to approved Transportation Service Providers on a rotating basis.
Forms & Documents
2021 Program Year
FEMA STOS 2021
Transportation Service Provider Agreement 2021
Carrier Document Upload Reference Guide
Logistics Supply Chain Management System User Request Form