FEMA Resilience aims to build a culture of preparedness through insurance, mitigation, continuity, preparedness programs and grants. The organization includes the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration, Grant Programs Directorate, National Continuity Programs, and National Preparedness Directorate, as well as other offices. FEMA Resilience works to fulfill FEMA’s vision of a prepared and resilient nation through its programs and partnerships.
What We Do
- The Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration manages the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and other programs designed to reduce future losses to homes, businesses, schools, public buildings and critical facilities from floods, earthquakes, tornadoes and other natural disasters.
- Through our National Continuity Programs, we lead national continuity for the whole of government and non-governmental stakeholders through the delivery of services and capabilities to support national resilience outcomes.
- Through our Grant Programs Directorate, we provide grants to prepare state, local, tribal, and territorial governments and first responders, as well as ports, transit systems, and non-profit organizations to measurably improve capability and reduce the risks from man-made and natural disasters.
- Through our National Preparedness Directorate, we provide world class training for the nation’s first responders and state, local, tribal and territorial emergency managers, lead national efforts to validate capabilities of the whole community in support of the National Preparedness System, and connect science-based research to communications, education and tools that empower communities to prepare for, protect against, respond to, and recover from a disaster.
- Through our Office of Counterterrorism and Security Preparedness Office, we manage programs and policy to develop strategic threat assessments to fulfill national all-hazards preparedness priorities addressing threats to the Homeland through whole community engagement with federal, state, local and private sector partners.
- Through our Office of Resilience Integration and Coordination, we work to ensure our activities across Resilience are unified and coordinated with the Agency, the FEMA regional offices and our partnering industry associations.
Acting Deputy Administrator