Integrate the law enforcement, private sector security and emergency management communities by enhancing communication and coordination between FEMA, private security and state, local, tribal and territorial law enforcement organizations.
What We Do
Our office enhances communication and coordination between FEMA and the law enforcement community by enabling synchronization of internal and external initiatives that involve law enforcement and security activities through partnership, intelligence, information-sharing, analysis and decision-making support with national security agencies and law enforcement professionals.
Other Office Functions
- Engages law enforcement and emergency management officials by participating in professional conferences and hosting the 2019 Law Enforcement and Emergency Management Executives Roundtable.
- Advises FEMA personnel on policy, programs and operations affecting or impacting the law enforcement community.
- Encourages FEMA employees to consider law enforcement capabilities in the mission to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.
- Supports the Department of Homeland Security Blue Campaign and FEMA initiatives raising public awareness.
- Increase outreach to the law enforcement community.
- Develop a law enforcement and emergency management framework for disaster and steady state activities
- Strengthen internal governance and management practices
Roberto L. Hylton