Integrate the law enforcement, private sector security and emergency management communities by enhancing communication and coordination between FEMA, private security and state, local, tribal and territorial law enforcement organizations.
What We Do
Our office enhances communication and coordination between FEMA and the law enforcement community by enabling synchronization of internal and external initiatives that involve law enforcement and security activities through partnership, intelligence, information-sharing, analysis and decision-making support with national security agencies and law enforcement professionals.
Other Office Functions
- Engages law enforcement and emergency management officials by participating in professional conferences and hosting the 2019 Law Enforcement and Emergency Management Executives Roundtable.
- Advises FEMA personnel on policy, programs and operations affecting or impacting the law enforcement community.
- Encourages FEMA employees to consider law enforcement capabilities in the mission to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.
- Supports the Department of Homeland Security Blue Campaign and FEMA initiatives raising public awareness.
- Increase outreach to the law enforcement community.
- Develop a law enforcement and emergency management framework for disaster and steady state activities
- Strengthen internal governance and management practices
Our office is building resiliency in law enforcement by partnering with internal and external stakeholders to provide non-tactical trainings, policies, and exercises. We will provide links and informational data on various resources like the ones here to integrate law enforcement into emergency management and disaster preparedness.
FEMA does not endorse any non-federal events, entities, organizations, services, or products.
Please let us know about other related events and services that could be included in future newsletters and emails by contacting us.
- Resilient Minds On The Front Lines YouTube Channel: The Police Chaplain Program has created a resiliency program for law enforcement to ensure there are resources promoting mental wellness.
Roberto L. Hylton