This section of the site contains information about policy and guidance on the FEMA Public Assistance Program. This page provides access to the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide as well as other Public Assistance Program policies, guidance, and publications.
FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG)
The PAPPG is a comprehensive, consolidated program and policy document for the Public Assistance Program. Version 2.0 of the PAPPG supersedes all previous publications and the majority of previous policies. Any policy or guidance document not superseded by the PAPPG is provided below. Version 2.0 of the PAPPG is applicable for disasters declared on or after April 1, 2017.
9500 Series Policies - Not Superseded by the PAPPG
9570.6 Validation of Small Projects
Other FEMA PA Policy and Guidance not superseded by the PAPPG
- FEMA Damage Assessment Operations Manual (April 2016)
- FP 205-081-2 Public Assistance Policy on Stafford Act Section 705 (March 2016)
- FP 206-086-1 Public Assistance Policy on Insurance (June 2015)
- Public Assistance Alternative Procedures (PAAP)
- FP 1011 Public Assistance Program Field Operations Pocket Guide (April 2014)
- FEMA 329 Debris Estimating Field Guide (Septemper 2010)
- Memorandum of Understanding for Contaminated Debris Management (September 2010)
- Project Worksheet Development Guide (January 2008)
Archived PA Policies and Publications
- FP 104-009-4 Public Assistance Required Minimum Standards Policy (September 2016)
- Public Assistance 9500 Series Policy Archive
- Public Assistance Publications Archive
Public Assistance Procurement and Contracting Resources
If you are a state, tribe, local government or private non-profit seeking reimbursement from FEMA for Public Assistance work, then there are federal procurement requirements that you must adhere to when contracting for the completion of that work.
- Procurements Under Grants Checklist for Non-Federal Entity procurements associated with declarations issued after 26 December 2014
- Appendix Contract
- Procurement Under Grants Checklist for State, Local and Tribal government procurements associated with declarations issued before 26 December 2014
- Procurement Under Grants Checklist for Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Private Non-Profit procurements associated with declarations issued before 26 December 2014.”
- Procurement Under Grants - Key Procurement Related Requirements Imposed by the New Procurement Standards (Video) This block of instruction will familiarize you with the key procurement-related requirements imposed by the new procurement standards under the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (also known as the “Uniform Rules”), which are codified at 2 C.F.R. §§ 200.317 through 200.326. The Uniform Rules supersede the procurement regulations formerly found at 44 C.F.R. pt. 13, which applied to State, Local, and Tribal Governments, and 2 C.F.R. pt. 215, which applied to Private Nonprofit Organizations.
- FEMA Procurement Toolbox Series: Private Nonprofits (PNP) Requirements of 2 C.F.R. §§ 215.40-48
- FEMA Procurement Toolbox Series: Local and Indian Tribal Government Requirements of 44 C.F.R. §13.36