This section of the site contains information about policy and guidance on the FEMA Public Assistance Program. This page provides access to the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide as well as other Public Assistance Program policies, guidance, and publications.
2020 Fire Management Assistance Grant Program and Policy Guide (FMAGPPG)
The current draft 2020 FMAGPPG is available for public comment from June 16, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG)
The PA Policy and Program Guide (PAPPG) is a comprehensive, consolidated program and policy document for the Public Assistance Program. Additional guidance is provided below. Version 4 of the PAPPG is applicable to emergencies and major disasters declared on or after June 1, 2020. Previous versions of the PAPPG are available at www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/186271.
Other Policy and Guidance
- Public Assistance Policy (in addition to the PAPPG)
- Public Assistance Fact Sheets
- Public Assistance Alternative Procedures (Section 428)
Disaster Recovery Reform Act
- Section 1215 Management Costs
- Section 1230a Common Interest Community Eligibility
- Section 1235(b) Consensus-Based Codes and Standards
- Refer to the Public Assistance Fact Sheets to obtain a copy of the Disaster Recovery Reform Act Public Assistance Program Amendments Policy Fact Sheet.