This section of the site contains information about policy and guidance on the FEMA Public Assistance Program. This page provides access to the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide as well as other Public Assistance Program policies, guidance, and publications.
FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG)
Version 4 of the PAPPG is available for review and comment from October 3, 2019 through November 18, 2019.
The PA Policy and Program Guide (PAPPG) is a comprehensive, consolidated program and policy document for the Public Assistance Program. Version 3.1 of the PAPPG supersedes all previous publications and the majority of previous policies. Any policy or guidance document not superseded by the PAPPG is provided below. Version 3.1 of the PAPPG is applicable for disasters declared on or after August 23, 2017. Previous versions of the PAPPG are also available on the PAPPG page.
Other Policy and Guidance
- Public Assistance Policy (in addition to the PAPPG)
- Public Assistance Fact Sheets
- Public Assistance Alternative Procedures (Section 428)
Disaster Recovery Reform Act
- Section 1215 Management Costs
- Refer to the Public Assistance Fact Sheets to obtain a copy of the Disaster Recovery Reform Act Public Assistance Program Amendments Policy Fact Sheet.