Public Assistance policy and guidance materials allow the whole community to maintain a greater working knowledge of the Agency’s processes and enhance the Nation’s level of resilience and preparedness.
This page of policies and guidance provide a centralized access to Public Assistance’s policy and doctrine.
- FEMA 321 Public Assistance Policy Digest, January 2008 Easy-to-read, brief summary of Public Assistance program policies. (PDF 1.12MB)
- FEMA 322 Public Assistance Guide, June 2007 Describes provisions and application procedures for Public Assistance program grants. (PDF 1.62MB)
- FEMA 323 Applicant Handbook, March 2010 - Questions and answers on how to apply for Public Assistance program grants. (PDF 1.92MB)
- FEMA 325 Debris Management Guide, July 2007 - Comprehensive guidance for community leaders in planning, mobilizing, organizing, and controlling large-scale debris clearance and disposal operations. (PDF 15MB)
- FEMA 327 Debris Monitoring Guide, October 2010, (PDF 1.4MB)
- FEMA 329 Debris Estimating Field Guide, Septemper 2010, (PDF 1.3MB)
- FEMA P-1011 Public Assistance Program Field Operations Pocket Guide, April 2014 (PDF)
Memorandum of Understanding for Contaminated Debris Management - (PDF 4MB)
Simplified Procedures New Threshold ($120,000) -- Declarations on or after February 26, 2014 (PDF)
FY 2014 Large Project Threshold ($68,500) -- Declarations from October 1, 2013 - February 25, 2014 (PDF)
FY 2013 Large Project Threshold ($67,500) -- (PDF 154K)
Project Worksheet Development Guide -- (PDF 19.6MB)
2005 Hurricane Public Assistance Information