DENVER – Additional dates have been added to FEMA’s community education & outreach mitigation events in Boulder County, Colorado. Community members affected by the Marshall Fire and straight-line winds disaster can visit select Boulder County home improvement stores in the coming weeks to get rebuilding tips from mitigation experts.
Mitigation specialists from FEMA will be on hand to answer questions about home repair, ignition resistant construction, wind resistant construction, putting together supply kits, and hiring a contractor.
The FEMA specialists will be available Thursday, Jan. 20 through Tuesday, Jan. 25 at McGuckin Hardware (address listed below) during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
McGuckin Hardware – Boulder
2525 Arapahoe Ave
Additional mitigation events will be held at home improvement stores in Boulder County in the coming weeks.
- Thursday, Jan. 27 – Tuesday, Feb. 1: Home Depot, 1600 29th St, Boulder, Colorado
- Thursday, Feb. 3 – Tuesday, Feb. 8: Lowe’s, 1171 Dillon Rd, Louisville, Colorado
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – Tuesday, Feb. 15: Home Depot, 393 S Hoover Rd, Longmont, Colorado
- Thursday, Feb. 17 – Tuesday, Feb. 22: Lowe’s, 355 Ken Pratt, Longmont, Colorado
- Thursday, Feb. 25 – Tuesday, March 1: Ace Hardware, 1727 Main St, Longmont
Disaster survivors also may contact a FEMA mitigation subject matter expert with their questions at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEMA assistance is accessible to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation (e.g., sign language interpreter, Braille, CART, etc.) for these mitigation outreach events, please make your request as soon as possible. Email email@example.com. Last minute requests will be considered but may not be possible to fill.
To learn more about how mitigation efforts help individuals and communities visit https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management.