Who cannot apply for funeral assistance?
- States, tribes, territories, businesses, organizations, and other entities are not eligible for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance.
- A minor child applying on behalf of an adult who is not a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified non-citizen cannot apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance.
- However, a minor child who is a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified non-citizen, can apply if they directly incurred funeral expenses for a COVID-19-related death and the documentation supports that assertion.
- There are several categories of non-citizens who are not eligible for FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program, including COVID-19 Funeral Assistance. These individuals include, but are not limited to:
- Citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Temporary tourist visa holders
- Foreign students
- Temporary work visa holders