The case studies below present illustrated examples of approaches communities have implemented to improve public safety through a variety of structural and nonstructural hazard mitigation measures.
Topics addressed include:
- Risk Assessment,
- Design and Construction,
- Private- and Public-sector Cooperative Efforts,
- Costs and Funding Mechanisms,
- Expected Benefits, and
- Performance of the Measures in Subsequent Hazard Events (when possible).
The links below provide access to case studies.
- Shelby, Ohio - The Economic Upside to Mitigation
- The 1993 Great Midwest Flood: Voices 10 Years Later
- Innovative Floodplain Management, Kinston, North Carolina
- Missouri Buyout Program
- Performance Analysis of Mitigation Projects in Louisiana