The Transportation Management Branch mobilizes the commercial transportation industry to meet the expeditious movement of life-saving / life supporting response commodities for the citizens and responders. FEMA Transportation's primary objective is to expedite support commodities that will sustain, support, restore and supplies the necessary needs for the care and wellbeing of our citizens and communities faced with any natural and/or man-made disasters. FEMA STOS provides the terms and conditions for transportation and related services for Freight of All Kind (FAK) for shipments moved by truck, rail, air, water or a combination of these modes. It applies to all rate tenders filed with FEMA.
Becoming a FEMA-Approved Transportation Service Provider
*See the FEMA STOS for details; Freight Brokers and Rate Filing Service Providers are subject to different requirements
- Carefully read the:
- Submit a completed Logistics Supply Chain Management System (LSCMS) User Request Form to FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov. Upon approval, FEMA will respond with a Username and Password for access to FEMA’s Document Upload application.
- Download and review the instructions for how to upload documents to FEMA’s Document Upload application.
- Upload pdf copies of the following documents * to FEMA’s Logistics Gateway:
- Signed FEMA Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Agreement
- Signed FEMA Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Certification Statement
- Proof of current cargo insurance coverage of at least $300,000 (Attach Link)
Freight Brokers: all of the above, plus;
- Broker ID Statement identifying your firm as providing transportation services as a freight broker, signed and on company letterhead.
- Copy of the firm's SCAC Assignment letter from NMFTA
5.Visit www.sam.gov to verify that your company’s registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is current and active.
6.Complete Logistics Gateway training. Following FEMA’s review and approval of the documents provided in Step 4, a link to Logistics Gateway training will be provided. To complete this step, TSPs must:
- Complete the online Logistics Gateway training course,
- Pass a quiz on the training material with a score of 80% or higher
- Once these two items are complete, FEMA will notify you when you have been granted access to the Logistics Gateway.
7.Motor Freight (Trucking) TSPs Only: submit linehaul and accessorial rates via FEMA’s Transportation Procurement system. This must be done every year during the open rate filing cycle to remain active in FEMA’s system. Information regarding the dates of the next open rate filing cycle will be posted as it becomes available.
For questions or additional information about the FEMA Tender of Service Program, please contact FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov.
FEMA General RFO
The rate filing season ended on March 31, 2019. All Motor Freight/Truck Transportation Service Providers must submit rates during the open rate filing season to be eligible to do business with FEMA. Rate offers made in response to this request will be for the period May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020.
- Logistics Supply Chain Management System (LSCMS) - User Request
- FEMA Transportation Service Provider Agreement
- FEMA Transportation Service Provider Certification Statement
Document Upload Instructions
TSPs must upload copies of the following documents to Logistics Gateway for FEMA review to become a FEMA Approved TSP:
- Signed FEMA TSP Agreement
- Signed FEMA TSP Certification Statement
- Proof of current, valid cargo insurance with coverage of at least $300,000
Instructions for uploading documents to Logistics Gateway are available in the FEMA General RFO and also on www.fema.gov/transportation-programs. In addition, FEMA will review the TSP’s record in the System for Award Management (SAM) associated with the TSP’s DUNS number to verify the TSP’s eligibility status for government award.
FEMA Transportation Procurement (TP) Reference Guide
- How do I check on my status of my completed packet?: Please contact Fema-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov
To email for more information about FEMA Transportation Programs, email: FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov.