The Transportation Management Branch mobilizes the commercial transportation industry to meet the expeditious movement of life-saving / life supporting response commodities for the citizens and responders. FEMA Transportation's primary objective is to expedite support commodities that will sustain, support, restore and supplies the necessary needs for the care and wellbeing of our citizens and communities faced with any natural and/or man-made disasters. FEMA STOS provides the terms and conditions for transportation and related services for Freight of All Kind (FAK) for shipments moved by truck, rail, air, water or a combination of these modes. It applies to all rate tenders filed with FEMA.
The 2019 rate cycle is closed. The 2020 Open Enrollment date is TBD.
Please note that registration closes on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 11:59 p.m., EST. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Becoming a FEMA-Approved Transportation Service Provider
*See the FEMA STOS for details; Freight Brokers and Rate Filing Service Providers are subject to different requirements
- Carefully read the:
- Submit a completed Logistics Supply Chain Management System (LSCMS) User Request Form to FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov. Upon approval, FEMA will respond with a Username and Password for access to FEMA’s Document Upload application.
- Download and review the instructions for how to upload documents to FEMA’s Document Upload application.
- Upload pdf copies of the following documents * to FEMA’s Logistics Gateway:
- Signed FEMA Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Agreement
- Signed FEMA Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Certification Statement
- Proof of current cargo insurance coverage of at least $300,000 (Attach Link)
Freight Brokers: all of the above, plus;
- Broker ID Statement identifying your firm as providing transportation services as a freight broker, signed and on company letterhead.
- Copy of the firm's SCAC Assignment letter from NMFTA
5.Visit www.sam.gov to verify that your company’s registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is current and active.
6.Complete Logistics Gateway training. Following FEMA’s review and approval of the documents provided in Step 4, a link to Logistics Gateway training will be provided. To complete this step, TSPs must:
- Complete the online Logistics Gateway training course,
- Pass a quiz on the training material with a score of 80% or higher
- Once these two items are complete, FEMA will notify you when you have been granted access to the Logistics Gateway.
7.Motor Freight (Trucking) TSPs Only: submit linehaul and accessorial rates via FEMA’s Transportation Procurement system. This must be done every year during the open rate filing cycle to remain active in FEMA’s system. Information regarding the dates of the next open rate filing cycle will be posted as it becomes available.
For questions or additional information about the FEMA Tender of Service Program, please contact FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov.
Third Party Payment System
To participate in the FEMA Tender of Service Program, TSPs must be enrolled in Syncada and be certified to receive e-payment for transportation services. Even if otherwise qualified, TSPs that are not enrolled in Syncada will not be eligible to transport freight under the terms and conditions of this STOS.
FEMA uses an automated, web-based Third-Party Payment System (TPPS) to streamline the audit, approval and payment processes associated with transportation-related expenses. U.S. Bank is FEMA’s current TPPS provider, and their TPPS, Syncada, performs the following functions:
- Receives Bills of Lading (BOLs) from FEMA
- Receives invoices from TSPs on behalf of FEMA
- Performs pre-payment audits to ensure that invoices meet all payment criteria before they are entered into the system;
- Establishes a full audit trail of actions taken to further help enforce department and agency policies and comply with regulatory requirements;
- Initiates payment once audits are passed;
- Makes payment to TSPs for FEMA-approved invoices on behalf of FEMA for shipments invoiced
- Reduces processing times by getting payments to TSPs faster
- Provides reporting and supply chain business intelligence on transportation program spending
TSPs may contact U.S. Bank via phone at 800-417-1844 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding Syncada Enrollment. See Section 6, Invoicing and Payment, for additional details regarding Syncada.
FEMA General RFO
The rate filing season ended on March 31, 2019. All Motor Freight/Truck Transportation Service Providers must submit rates during the open rate filing season to be eligible to do business with FEMA. Rate offers made in response to this request will be for the period May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2020.
- Logistics Supply Chain Management System (LSCMS) - User Request
- FEMA Transportation Service Provider Agreement
- FEMA Transportation Service Provider Certification Statement
Document Upload Instructions
TSPs must upload copies of the following documents to Logistics Gateway for FEMA review to become a FEMA Approved TSP:
- Signed FEMA TSP Agreement
- Signed FEMA TSP Certification Statement
- Proof of current, valid cargo insurance with coverage of at least $300,000
Instructions for uploading documents to Logistics Gateway are available in the FEMA General RFO and also on www.fema.gov/transportation-programs. In addition, FEMA will review the TSP’s record in the System for Award Management (SAM) associated with the TSP’s DUNS number to verify the TSP’s eligibility status for government award.
Registration - All TSPs must provide complete, current contact information including:
- Company Name
- Complete Address (U.S. Postal Service address including street, city, state and zip code)
- Primary Company Point of Contact (first and last name, phone number, and email address)
- Secondary Company Point of Contact (first and last name, phone number, and email address)
Logistics Gateway is an internet-based interface that TSPs must use to upload required documents for FEMA review to become a FEMA-approved TSP. TSPs must also use Logistics Gateway to provide updates regarding the status of FEMA shipments. Before accessing the Logistics Gateway, TSPs must first complete required online training via the Logistics Gateway E-Learning tool. Online training takes approximately one hour, and TSPs must pass a final test with a score of 80% or higher. Once a TSP has completed the following actions, a FEMA System Administrator will provide the TSP with a User Name and Password for access to the Logistics Gateway:
- Complete a Logistics Supply Chain Management System (LSCMS) User Request Form
- Sign a LSCMS System Rules of Behavior and User Security Agreement
- Complete online training on Logistics Gateway and pass a final test with a score of 80% or higher
System for Award Management (SAM)
Before applying for approval to participate in the FEMA Tender of Service Program, all TSPs must first register in the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM is the online contractor database for the U.S. Federal Government. The SAM collects, validates, stores and disseminates data in support of agency and other eligible user acquisition and award missions. It is a free service. Registration information and procedures can be found at the SAM website: www.sam.gov.
To register in the SAM, you must first obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. A DUNS number is also free for Federal contractors, including TSPs participating in the FEMA Tender of Service Program. Please see http://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html for more information regarding DUNS numbers.
FEMA Transportation Procurement (TP) Reference Guide
- How do I app ly to become a qualified carrier?: Provide link to the STOS Document tab
- Where do I get IT assistance for Logistics Gateway?: Provide link to the Logistics Gateway Contact tab
- Where do I get IT assistance for System for Award Management (SAM)?: Provide link to the System for Award Management (SAM) Contact tab
- How do I check on my status of my completed packet?: Please contact Fema-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov
To email for more information about FEMA Transportation Programs, email: FEMA-Transportation-Programs@fema.dhs.gov.