HARRISBURG, Pa. – A FEMA Mobile Disaster Recovery Center (MDRC) will open to help residents of Montgomery County whose homes or personal property were impacted by the remnants of Hurricane Ida. This temporary Center will be staffed with FEMA personnel and representatives of other federal and state agencies to assist with registration and answer questions about disaster assistance programs.
This is the scheduled location for the MDRC:
63 West 4th Street
Hours of operation
Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Thursday, Oct. 28
12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
In addition to the MDRCs, if you have not already applied for help, you can do so at any one of the fixed locations:
Montgomery County Community College
Health Sciences Gym
340 DeKalb Pike
Blue Bell, PA
Ashbridge Square Shopping Center
945 E. Lancaster Ave.
Manchester Township Municipal Building
3200 Farmtrail Rd
Former CVS store
7219 Ridge Avenue
Northampton County EOC
100 Gracedale Ave
Bedford Fire Department
248 W Penn St
Hours of operation for these DRCs are
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Please have the following information available to register:
- Name and SSN of the primary applicant
- Name and SSN of secondary/co-applicant (encouraged but not required).
- Current and pre-disaster address
- Names of all occupants of the pre-disaster household
- Current contact information
- Types of insurance held by the household.
- Household pre-disaster annual gross income
- Losses caused by the disaster.
- Banking information for direct deposit of financial assistance, if requested
Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center is not required.
To register with FEMA:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362. Help is available in most languages. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. If you use 711 or VRS (Video Relay Service) or require accommodations while visiting a center, call 800-621-3362. The toll-free numbers are open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Information on the registration process is available in ASL at fema.gov/media-library/assets/videos/111546.
- Go online to DisasterAssistance.gov (also in Spanish).
- Download the FEMA mobile app (also in Spanish), also available at Google Play or the Apple App Store.
The registration deadline for FEMA Disaster Assistance in Pennsylvania is November 10, 2021.
For updates on the Pennsylvania response and recovery, follow the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency on Twitter twitter.com/PEMAHQ and Facebook https://m.facebook.com/PEMAHQ/. Additional information is available at fema.gov/disaster/4618.