This page provides an overview of the FEMA app, available for Apple, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices.
Download the App
You can also download the app via text messaging:
- If you have an Apple device: Text APPLE to 43362
- If you have an Android device: Text ANDROID to 43362
- If you have a Blackberry device: Text BLACKBERRY to 43362
If you use text messaging, standard message and data rates apply. Learn more about our text messages.
Features in the App
- Alerts from the National Weather Service: Receive severe weather alerts for up to five locations across the U.S. and see information about how to stay safe.
- Disaster Reporter: Upload and share photos of damage and recovery efforts.
- Custom emergency safety information: Save a custom list of the items in your family’s emergency kit, as well as the places you will meet in case of an emergency.
- Maps of disaster resources: Locate and receive driving directions to open shelters and disaster recovery centers.
- Safety tips: Learn how to stay safe before, during, and after over 20 types of hazards, including floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes.
- Apply for assistance: Easily access DisasterAssistance.gov to apply for federal disaster assistance.
- Information in Spanish: The app defaults to Spanish language content for smartphones that have Spanish set as their default language.
FEMA app en español