What if I have already used my initial Rental Assistance and my home repairs are not complete or I have not yet found affordable temporary housing?

If you have exhausted your initial Rental Assistance and still need help with temporary housing costs, you may apply for Continued Temporary Housing Assistance (CTHA).

To be considered for CTHA, you must fill out and submit the Application for Continued Temporary Housing Assistance.  You will also need to send documentation to demonstrate that you used your previously awarded Rental Assistance for its intended purpose.

CTHA is typically awarded in three-month increments. Based on need and verifiable documentation, FEMA may award CTHA for up to 18 months, or the end of the 18-month period of disaster assistance, whichever comes first.

Last updated