This page provides links to resources and information for state and local officials about the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Coastal Barrier Resource System describes the Coastal Barrier Resources Act (COBRA) of 1982 and later amendments. These removed the Federal government from financial involvement associated with building and development in undeveloped portions of designated coastal barriers (including the Great Lakes).
- Community Rating System provides information about CRS and how it saves participating communities money on their flood insurance while better protecting them against flood damage.
- Community Status Book lists communities that participate in the National Flood Insurance Program within each state. Individuals in participating communities may purchase flood insurance.
- FEMA Map Service Center allows you to view historical, preliminary, and effective flood maps and other NFIP products. You can even look them up by address.
- Flood Map Information provides links to important flood map resources for the general public, flood insurance claims adjusters, agents and others.
- Forms links to an assortment of forms for use by the general public, industry professionals and government officials interested in: claims adjusting; elevation certificates; submitting a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) request; floodproofing certificates for non-residential structures; ordering public awareness materials; ordering underwriting and claims materials; and getting a flood hazard determination.
- Information for Homeowners and Renters provides information on accessing Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs), requesting map amendments, and finding additional resources.
- FEMA Regional Offices helps you find out which FEMA regional office is closest to where you are and how to contact someone in that office.
- Publications links to publications about the National Flood Insurance Program. The publications include information about what to do before a flood, purchasing flood insurance, what to do after a flood, as well as Spanish publications.
01/10/2018 - 09:30