Since the federal disaster declaration for Tropical Storm Fred, Transylvania County residents have received more than $1 million in federal funds as of Nov. 8, 2021:
- $127,544 in FEMA grants to homeowners and renters.
- $947,643 in claims paid to National Flood Insurance Program policyholders.
Individual Assistance in Transylvania County:
- 27 homeowners and renters have been approved for $127,544 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- $101,966 in Housing Assistance grants for home repair, home replacement, and/or rental assistance.
- $25,579 in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 22 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 298 home inspections issued; 297 completed.
- Disaster Survivor Assistance Teams (DSAT) went door to door in Transylvania County, conducting outreach to 510 households to offer help with registration and provide referrals to other resources.
- A Document Drop-off Center operated in Brevard until Oct. 2 to help survivors with registration, application updates and referrals.
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- SBA operated a Business Recovery Center at Blue Ridge Community College, Brevard Campus, Applied Technologies Building, Office #216, 45 Oak Ridge Park Drive, Brevard, NC 28712 through Nov. 8.
National Flood Insurance Program:
- NFIP has paid $947,643 to policyholders who filed claims.
- Transylvania County was approved for assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures and permanent work Sept. 8, 2021.
- To date, 7 Requests for Public Assistance (RPAs) have been received; 5 eligible; 2 pending review.
- The state has held applicant briefings.
- Brevard, City of
- Indian Lake Club
- Rosman, Town of
- The Haven of Transylvania County
- There Is More Ministries, Inc.
- Transylvania County
- Transylvania County Schools