Since the federal disaster declaration for Tropical Storm Fred, Transylvania County residents have received more than $891,231 in federal funds as of Oct. 6, 2021:
- $90,214 in FEMA grants to homeowners and renters.
- $801,017 in claims paid to National Flood Insurance Program policyholders.
Individual Assistance in Transylvania County:
- 19 homeowners and renters have been approved for $90,214 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- $72,797 in Housing Assistance grants for home repair, home replacement, and/or rental assistance.
- $17,417 in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 18 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 267 home inspections issued; 139 completed.
- Disaster Survivor Assistance (DSA) visited 493 households in Transylvania County.
- A Document Drop-off Center operated in Brevard until Oct. 2 to help survivors with registration, application updates and referrals.
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- SBA is operating a Business Recovery Center at Blue Ridge Community College, Brevard Campus, Applied Technologies Building, Office #216, 45 Oak Ridge Park Drive, Brevard, NC 28712. Hours are Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday.
National Flood Insurance Program:
- NFIP has paid $801,017 to policyholders who filed claims.
- Transylvania County was approved for assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures and permanent work Sept. 8, 2021.
- To date, 3 Requests for Public Assistance (RPAs) have been received and 3 approved.
- The state has held applicant briefings.
- City of Brevard
- The Haven of Transylvania County
- Transylvania County