Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Escambia County residents have received approximately $89.6 million in total federal funds.
- 4,463 homeowners and renters have been approved for nearly $18.2 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- More than $14 million in Housing Assistance grants for housing repair costs, home replacement and rental payments.
- Nearly $4.2 million in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 3,023 homeowners and renters were approved for rental assistance.
- 4,224 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
National Flood Insurance Program (as of Nov. 10):
- 2,389 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $42.8 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration (as of Nov. 8):
- More than $28.6 million has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for 796 homeowners, renters and businesses.
Public Assistance (as of Nov. 10):
- Escambia County was approved for assistance to local governments and private nonprofits for debris removal, emergency protective measures and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged public facilities on Sept. 23.
- 22 requests for Public Assistance have been received, and 14 have been approved.
FEMA Mobile Centers for Registration, Document Scanning (as of Nov. 10):
- Mobile Registration Intake Centers are staffed with FEMA personnel who can assist Hurricane Sally survivors with registration, scan documents into applicants’ files and answer questions about disaster-assistance programs. Centers in Escambia County are open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. through Nov. 14, when they close permanently.
Brownsville Community Center, 320 W. DeSoto St., Pensacola, FL 32505
Lexington Terrace Community Center, 700 S. Old Corry Rd., Pensacola, FL 32507
Escambia County Equestrian Center, 7750 Mobile Highway, Pensacola, FL 32526