Temporary Housing Assistance Deadline
Date: April 28, 2021
Time: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. – Did you register for assistance with FEMA after hurricanes Laura or Delta and still need a place to live? Or did your circumstances change, and you now need housing after telling FEMA you did not? If so, FEMA needs to hear from you no later than Friday, May 28.
Applicants should call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
FEMA is working on housing approximately 700 families who remain on the list of applicants eligible for direct temporary housing.
Applicants may be eligible for direct temporary housing if they are homeowners or renters whose home:
- Was destroyed or had major damage (total loss or damaged structurally and is not safe, sanitary and functional to live in) as a result of hurricane Laura or Delta (based on the FEMA determination); and are
- Pre-disaster residents of one of the twelve parishes designated for the Direct Temporary Housing program: Acadia, Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Grant, Jefferson Davis, Rapides, St. Landry, St. Martin, Vermilion and Vernon.
FEMA needs to hear from those:
- Applicants whose home was destroyed or received major damage from the hurricanes (based on the FEMA determination) and have not been contacted by FEMA to determine whether they need temporary housing.
- Applicants who initially indicated they did not need temporary housing assistance, but circumstances have changed, and they may now need housing assistance.
- Applicants who FEMA has been unable to contact to complete the interview. If you think you should have heard from FEMA or have additional information about the condition of your home,
The deadline to contact FEMA regarding temporary housing assistance is Friday, May 28.
Applicants can contact FEMA by calling the Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should alert FEMA as to the specific number assigned to that service.
For the latest information on Hurricane Laura, visit Louisiana Hurricane Laura (DR-4559-LA). For the latest information on information on Hurricane Delta, visit Louisiana Hurricane Delta (DR-4570-LA). Follow the FEMA Region 6 Twitter account at FEMA Region 6 (@FEMARegion6) / Twitter.
FEMA Helpline: 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585)