Bucks County Disaster Recovery Center Media Tour
Members of the media are invited to a media tour at the Bucks County Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). In partnership with Bucks County Commissioners, the Bucks County Emergency Management Agency, the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA), representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Small Business Administration (SBA) will provide a briefing of services available and a tour of the center.
Date: October 6, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Members of the media are invited to a media tour at the Bucks County Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). In partnership with Bucks County Commissioners, the Bucks County Emergency Management Agency, the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA), representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Small Business Administration (SBA) will provide a briefing of services available and a tour of the center. The Bucks County DRC, provides in-person information and assistance on available resources to homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage to their property from the remnants of Hurricane Ida from August 31 - September 5, 2021.
- When: Wednesday, October 06, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Calvary Church, 820 Souderton Road, 18964, Hilltown Township. (Map Location)
- Media are asked to meet outside the front doors of the DRC. You will see FEMA, PEMA and SBA Disaster Recovery Center signs and banners.
- COVID-19 Precautions: In accordance with local health and safety guidelines, members of the media should wear masks and observe social distancing.
- Media wishing to attend should RSVP Renee Bafalis, firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to observe social distancing, space inside the DRC may be limited. Media will have the opportunity to take photos of the DRC’s daily set-up and to photograph the available federal, state and county services present.
- Media are allowed inside the DRC for this tour only. Out of respect for personally identifiable information, no other indoor access will be permitted.
- DETAILS: Recovery specialists from FEMA and the SBA are available at the DRC to assist homeowners, renters, and business owners in applying for federal aid. In addition, they are able to answer questions and provide information on the types of federal help available as a result of the Major Disaster Declaration for the remnants of Hurricane Ida.
- Bucks County, as well as Philadelphia, Bedford, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Northampton, and York counties were designated for Individual Assistance under the Major Disaster Declaration. Residents from any of these designated counties can visit any DRC for federal and state services.
- Visiting a DRC is not the only way to register for FEMA disaster assistance. In addition to visiting a DRC, you can register by:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362. Multilingual operators are available. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 1-800-462-7585. If you use 711 or VRS (Video Relay Service) or require accommodations while visiting a center, call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free numbers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST.
- Help is available in most languages, and information on the registration process is available in ASL at fema.gov/media-library/assets/videos/111546.
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov or DisasterAssistance.gov/es for Spanish
- Download the FEMA mobile app (also in Spanish), wherever you get your mobile applications.
- SBA Disaster Assistance is also available for business owners at DisasterLoanAssistance.sba.gov, by calling 1-800-659-2955, by emailing email at DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov, or visiting SBA’s website at SBA.gov/disaster.
For questions about FEMA, please contact FEMA Region 3 Office of External Affairs at FEMA3NewsDesk@fema.dhs.gov.
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters. FEMA Region 3’s jurisdiction includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/femaregion3 and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/femaregion3
Media wishing to attend should RSVP Renee Bafalis, email@example.com