The FEMA Engineering Library is responsible for the archival and maintenance of all technical and administrative support data and related publications associated with the National Flood Insurance Program. This page is intended for mapping professionals and contractors and engineers looking to obtain these data and publications and learn more about the FEMA Engineering Library.
For information on how to order the available products visit How to Order Technical and Administrative Support Data.
Forms and Fee Schedule
- Flood Insurance Study (FIS) Data Request Form
- FEMA Payment Form
- Current Fee Schedule for Requests for Flood Insurance Study Backup Data
Online Search and Download using FEMA’s Flood Risk Studies Engineering Library (FRISEL)
FEMA’s Flood Risk Studies Engineering Library (FRISEL)
- The FRiSEL now provides public downloads for engineering models and other supporting data.
- This capability provides immediate access to the detailed engineering models and other supporting data for FEMA flood studies for engineers and other technical experts working on flood risk issues.
- The data is highly complex and only relatively recent digital data is available. The Engineering Library staff is still available to assist stakeholders with finding the information they need if users are not able to download it from the FRiSEL.
- There are fees charged for research support from the Engineering Library staff.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
View Engineering Library FAQs on the Flood Hazard Mapping: Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hours of Operation
The FEMA Engineering Library's hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (Eastern Daylight Time).
For More Information
- Call (1-877) FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 6:30 pm (EST)
- Email a Map Specialist, or email directly to email@example.com
- Chat with a Map Specialist Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (EST)
Subscribe to receive updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities via e-mail.