We continue to work with federal, state, local, tribal and community partners to support the ongoing response for Ida. As clean up efforts begin across several states, this page offers answers to rumors and frequently asked questions about Louisiana (DR-4611).
Rumors and Scams
Do your part to the stop the spread of rumors by doing three easy things:
- Find trusted sources of information.
- Share information from trusted sources.
- Discourage others from sharing information from unverified sources.
We will share information about current rumors or scams related to Louisiana Hurricane Ida relief on this page.
Do not trust anyone who offers financial help and then asks for money or personal information.
- FEMA will never ask you to share personal information or apply for assistance through text message.
- DHS, FEMA, HHS and CDC staff never charge for disaster assistance.
- Federal and local disaster workers do not solicit or accept money.
- Beware of visits, calls or emails from people claiming to be from FEMA asking for your Social Security number, bank account or other sensitive information. Giving out this type of information can lead to identify theft.
Learn how to report disaster fraud.
Rumors and Frequently Asked Questions
Use the dropdown menu to filter by the type of question, or type in a keyword.