This page provides an overview of FEMA's efforts in support of dam safety training nationwide and a calendar of upcoming courses.
Since the inception of the National Dam Safety Program (NDSP) in 1979, FEMA has supported a strong, collaborative training program for dam safety professionals and dam owners. With NDSP training funds, FEMA has been able to expand existing training programs, begin new initiatives to keep pace with evolving technology, and enhance the sharing of expertise between the Federal and state sectors.
Training activities conducted under the NDSP fall under one of three components:
- National training opportunities, most of which are conducted at the FEMA Emergency Management Institute;
- Regional training conducted by the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) and other private vendors; and
- Local training through direct assistance to the states and self-paced training.
For more information on upcoming dam safety training funded by the NDSP, see the training calendar below.
- February 21–22, 2018: E0274: National Dam Safety Program Technical Seminar (NDSPTS)
- Length: 2 days
- March 26–29, 2018: E0176: Hazus-MH for Floodplain Managers
- Length: 4 days