Hawaii Wildfires


Kinikinin fansoun a fis: Aug 8, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023

Ranin Apio: Aug 10, 2023

Now Closed: Period to Apply for Disaster Assistance

alert - warning

The last day for individuals and families to apply for assistance after this disaster has passed. You are no longer able to begin a new claim.

To check the status on a previously submitted claim, visit DisasterAssistance.gov.

I Was Told to Call the U.S. Small Business Administration

FEMA is not allowed to provide disaster assistance for certain losses covered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loans. The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to individuals and households to help with disaster losses. FEMA works with the SBA to determine if you may qualify for Personal Property Assistance, Transportation Assistance, or a Group Flood Insurance Policy.

FEMA will automatically refer you to the SBA to be considered for a disaster loan if you meet SBA’s income standards. FEMA uses your household annual gross income and number of dependents to determine if you should be referred to the SBA.

If you are referred to the SBA, FEMA will contact you via an auto-dialer system to explain how to apply for a disaster loan. You must complete and return a loan application to be considered for an SBA loan or certain types of FEMA assistance. You do not have to accept an SBA loan offer. However, if you are approved for an SBA loan, and you do not accept it, you will not be referred back to FEMA for personal property or transportation assistance.

For more information about the SBA disaster loan program, please call the SBA at 800-659-2955 (TTY: 800-877-8339). SBA information is also available at www.SBA.gov/disaster or by email at disastercustomerservice@sba.gov.

Learn more about SBA loans

I Applied for Assistance. What's Next?

If You Have Insurance

Please contact your insurance company as soon as possible to file a claim. FEMA can only provide money after you get your insurance settlement. If your insurance doesn’t cover all of your home repair or rebuilding expenses, FEMA may be able to help.

FEMA can’t provide money for expenses covered by insurance or duplicate benefits from another source. When you get your insurance settlement or denial, please send a copy to FEMA as soon as you can.

If your insurance settlement is delayed more than 30 days from the time you file your claim, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.

Learn more about the steps after applying

If You Do Not Have Insurance

FEMA will verify your disaster-caused losses. The agency will schedule a time to inspect your home if you reported damage to your home or personal property. Or FEMA will ask you to send documents to verify your expenses.

You will receive notification letters from FEMA either by mail or electronic correspondence explaining your next steps. If necessary based on the losses you reported, an inspector will contact you by phone to schedule an inspection. If you miss the call, they will leave a voicemail message and make multiple attempts to reach you. The inspector should not need to view repair receipts or pictures of the damage. But if you begin cleaning up before the inspection, FEMA suggests you take pictures, make a list of your losses, and keep receipts for all of your disaster-caused expenses.

Transitional Sheltering

FEMA’s Transitional Sheltering Assistance has been activated for survivors allowing for short-term, emergency sheltering options in participating hotels.

In order to receive sheltering assistance, start by applying for assistance. You must have a FEMA registration ID and approval from FEMA to participate. If FEMA has reached out to you about sheltering assistance, you can look up participating hotels.

Find a Housing Counselor

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides support to a nationwide network of housing counseling agencies (HCAs) and certified counselors. HUD-participating HCAs are approved and trained to provide tools to current and prospective homeowners and renters so they can make responsible choices to address their housing needs in light of their financial situations.

Verifying Home Ownership or Occupancy

FEMA is required to verify you lived at the address in your application as your primary residence before providing most types of assistance. FEMA is also required to verify you owned your home before providing home repair or home replacement assistance. Learn more about this process.

As part of our effort to make the disaster assistance process quicker and reduce the burden on applicants, we try to verify occupancy and ownership by using an automated public records search.

If we cannot verify you lived in or owned the home that you listed on your application, we will ask you to provide documents to prove occupancy and/or ownership to help us determine if you are approved for assistance.

How Do I Appeal the Decision?

If you receive a letter stating that you are not approved for assistance or that your application is incomplete, you can still complete the application or appeal the decision within 60 days of receiving a decision letter. The letter would either be mailed to you or placed into your Disaster Assistance Center account, if you have set up an account.

Learn more about appeals

Frequently Asked Questions and Rumors

Learn more about common disaster-related rumors and how to report fraud. You can also get answers to frequently asked questions about emergency shelters, disaster assistance, flood insurance and more.

Multilingual Resources

You can find social media graphics with important safety messaging in various languages, including English, Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese.

We also have videos in American Sign Language (ASL) on topics including:

How to Help

Volunteer and Donate

Recovery can take many years after a disaster. There are many ways to help such as donating cash, needed items or your time. Learn more about how to help those in need.

Don’t self-deploy to disaster areas. Trusted organizations in the affected areas know where volunteers are needed. Work with an established organization to make sure you have the appropriate safety, training and skills needed to respond.

FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) support the significant contributions of voluntary, faith-based, and community stakeholders active in disaster by building relationships – and coordinating efforts – with and across partner organizations and government agencies.

Doing Business with FEMA

If you are interested in providing paid services and goods for disaster relief, visit our Doing Business with FEMA page to get started.

If you own a business involved with debris removal and want to work on clean-up efforts in affected areas, please contact the local government in affected areas to offer your services.

Local Resources Custom Text

Ponu ngeni Karengaweno non Foforino

alert - info

Anisi eaeafengenin auchean poraus non sakopaten fosun fonu kena mi pachenong Merika, Hawaii, Philipines, Sepan, Korea, Spein me pwan Filipines. Taropwen Registerin Katano | Maaken Chon Apio mi Menaw | Pisekin Angangen Chomong Simpungun Katano

FEMA Disaster Survivor Assistance teams begin registering Hawaii Wildfire survivors for assistance.

Katon ewe minafon sasingen FEMA me pwen ewe federal ponu non ach Hawaii Kaar kena 2023 ionin simpung.

Ifa usun omw kopwe aninis

Angang me Tupw

Forsefanin mi tongeni mangono on fite ier murin ewe osukosuk. Mi wor ekoch anen omw kopwe aninis awewe ren tupw moni, me pisek ika omw fansoun. Kaieo sopwosopwen porousen ifa usun kopwe anisi ekoch mi nit aninis.

Kosapw no ngeni ekewe neeni mi torir osukosuk. Ekewe organization mi nonomwochme non ekei neeni ra sinei ekewe neeni ra nit chon aninis. Angang fengen me ekei organization me fori fichi pwun en angei asukoonen tumwunoch, me sineien angangen aninisin aramas.

FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) fori nefinemi me aramas me angang fengen me ekewe chon aninis, pekin namanam me mwichen organization non neeniach mi fori ar angang non fansoun osukosuk.

Forin business me FEMA

Ika en mi mochen awora omw angang epwe kamo me pisekin aninis, fisit ach ena Forin Business me FEMA paich pwun kopwe poputa.

Ika mi fen wor omw business ren pekin enimenimen neeni nge ka mochen aninis non ekei neeni, kose mochen kokori ewe mwuun non ewe neeni mi torir osukosuk.

Kaworen Moni

Aninisin Aramas Fite
Ukukun Aninisin Imw (HA) – Fite Dollars mi Aproof $31,769,222.38
Ukukun Aninisin Ekoch Wewe (ONA) – Fite Dollars mi Aproof $22,259,906.96
Ukukun Moni mi Aproof ren prokramen Aninisin Aramas & Chon non ewe Imw $54,029,129.34
Amasowen Aninisin Aramas a Aproof 7139
Aninisin Publik Fite
Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated $389,187,402.27
Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated $95,140,674.44
Total Public Assistance Grants Dollars Obligated $492,526,868.32

Maaketiwen Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) kena

Nothing to show.
Nasenon asofonon