This section provides quick access to training materials on the AFG web pages. FEMA has developed tools and resources to assist recipients with ensuring compliance to grants managements policies, procedures and federal regulations. This section is intended for fire departments and nonaffiliated Emergency Medical Service organizations (EMS).
FEMA Fire Grants Training Tools
FEMA has developed tools and resources to assist recipients with ensuring compliance to grants management policies, procedures and federal regulations.
- FY 2017 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) User Guide
- The FY 2017 AFG User Guide is designed to assist AFG grant recipients with processes, regulations, points of contact and helpful resources for successfully managing your grant award.
- Sample Grant File and Sample Grant File Content Descriptions
- FY 2017 Assistance to Firefighters (AFG) Program Awards Reference Sheet
- As part of the FY 2017 AFG Awards Rollout, the FEMA Regional Fire Program Specialist (FPS) will be conducting FY 2017 Post Award Orientation sessions with AFG recipients to confirm recipient understanding of requirements involved in managing the AFG award. Recipients will be notified by their Regional FPS for scheduling the PAO. The above resources will be used during the PAO.
Assistance to Firefighters Grant Programs Webinars
AFG currently offers webinars and workshops as a training tool to assist applicants and grant recipients in completing applications, understanding program priorities, understanding grant obligations, and completing grant task. Webinars are online conferences, available to everyone with internet access. Workshops are in person presentations hosted at specific locations. To see the list of webinars and workshops currently being offered click link below.