This section provides quick access to training materials on the AFG web pages. FEMA has developed tools and resources to assist recipients with ensuring compliance to grants managements policies, procedures and federal regulations. This section is intended for fire departments and nonaffiliated Emergency Medical Service organizations (EMS).
FEMA Fire Grants Training Tools
FEMA has developed tools and resources to assist recipients with ensuring compliance to grants management policies, procedures and federal regulations.
- FY 2017 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) User Guide
- The FY 2017 AFG User Guide is designed to assist AFG grant recipients with processes, regulations, points of contact and helpful resources for successfully managing your grant award.
- Sample Grant File and Sample Grant File Content Descriptions
- FY 2017 Assistance to Firefighters (AFG) Program Awards Reference Sheet
- As part of the FY 2017 AFG Awards Rollout, the FEMA Regional Fire Program Specialist (FPS) will be conducting FY 2017 Post Award Orientation sessions with AFG recipients to confirm recipient understanding of requirements involved in managing the AFG award. Recipients will be notified by their Regional FPS for scheduling the PAO. The above resources will be used during the PAO.
FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar
This webinar is designed to teach applicants how to compare the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) document to their application in order to identify possible scoring deficits. A Fire Program Specialist will cover common errors that result in turndown and answer questions regarding how funding priorities in the NOFO affect your chances of award. After this training you will be able to improve your chances of award by avoiding common mistakes and maximizing scoring potential.
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Monday||09/17||10 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Tuesday||09/18||10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. EDT|
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Wednesday||09/19||10 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Thursday||09/20, 09/27, 10/04||10 a.m., 1 p.m., 10 p.m. EDT|
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Friday||09/21||10 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|FY 2017 Application Turndown Webinar||Saturday||09/22||1 p.m. and 3 p.m. EDT|
FY 2018 Application Workshop Presentation
- This presentation is designed to teach attendees about the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program, its mission, which organizations and activities are eligible, and how to apply. A Fire Program Analyst will provide updates that apply to the FY 2018 application and some help tips in preparing your application.
|FY 2018 Application Workshop Presentation||Monday||09/17*, 09/24, 10/01||9am, 12pm, and 4pm EDT|
|FY 2018 Application Workshop Presentation||Wednesday||09/19, 09/26, 10/03||9am, 12pm, and 4pm EDT|
|FY 2018 Application Workshop Presentation||Friday||09/21, 09/28, 10/05||9am, 12pm, and 4pm EDT|
|FY 2018 Application Workshop Presentation||Saturday||09/29||12 p.m. EDT|
FY 2018 Application Walk-Thru
- This presentation is designed to show applicants how to complete the FY 2018 Assistance to Firefighters Grant application. These webinars will cover every section of the application. A webinar for each applicant type is scheduled as indicated below. FEMA Fire Program Specialist will be available to answer your questions regarding any question within the FY 2018 application.
|Monday||09/24, 10/01||9 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|Tuesday||09/25, 10/02||9 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|Wednesday||09/26, 10/03||9 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|Thrusday||09/27, 10/04||9 a.m. and 1 p.m. EDT|
|Saturday||09/29, 10/06||1 p.m. EDT|