Contact a Map Specialist
Map Specialists at the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) support the public and other FEMA stakeholders with inquiries pertaining to a wide variety of flood hazard mapping and floodplain management topics including how to find and read flood maps on the Flood Map Service Center, preliminary flood hazard data, Letters of Map Change, Elevation Certificates, and the National Flood Hazard Layer. The FMIX also connects stakeholders with technical experts specializing in subjects such as hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, coastal mapping and the Hazus loss-estimation software.
- Telephone: (877) FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627)
- Try our Live Chat service or send us an email using the web form below
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time
Information and Resources
- Visit the Flood Hazard Mapping website
- View flood maps and other flood mapping products at the Flood Map Service Center
- Learn how to change a flood zone designation with a Letter of Map Change
- Review preliminary flood hazard data for your community
- Learn about coastal flood risks
- Learn about risks associated with levees
- Other frequently asked questions
Send an Email
Send your questions or comments to the FMIX by completing the fields below:
* indicates required field.