This page contains links to official written testimony, covering numerous topics from 2009 to the present.
2018 - 2012 Testimony
- 03/11/11 - Legislative Proposals to Reform the National Flood Insurance Program (PDF 165KB, TXT 30KB)
- 03/17/11 - Catastrophic Preparedness: How Ready Is FEMA for the Next Big Disaster? (PDF 191KB, TXT 51KB)
- 03/17/11 - Preventing Improperly Paid Federal Assistance in the Aftermath of Disasters (PDF 139KB, TXT 23KB)
- 03/30/11 - Improving the Nation’s Response to Catastrophic Disasters: How to Minimize Costs and Streamline our Emergency Management Programs (PDF 166KB, TXT 38KB)
- 04/06/11 - FEMA FY 2012 Budget Hearing (PDF 166KB, TXT 45KB)
- 04/14/11 - Tsunami Warning, Preparedness, and Interagency Cooperation: Lessons Learned (PDF 139KB, TXT 22KB)
- 05/05/2011 - Understanding the Power of Social Media as a Communication Tool in the Aftermath of Disasters (PDF 90KB, TXT 18KB)
- 06/08/11 - Evolution of Emergency Management and Communication (PDF 118KB, TXT 34KB)
- 07/14/11 - FEMA Reauthorization and Cutting the Red Tape in Recovery (PDF 209KB, TXT 15KB)
- 07/19/11 - 2011 Spring Storms: Picking Up the Pieces and Building Back Stronger (PDF 246KB, TXT 27KB)
- 07/21/11 - Facing Floods and Fires - Emergency Preparedness for Natural Disasters in Native Communities (PDF 151KB, TXT 13KB)
- 10/12/11 - The Federal Role in Disaster Recovery and Response (PDF 109KB, TXT 11KB)
- 10/13/11 - Streamlining Emergency Management: Improving Preparedness, Response, and Cutting Costs (PDF 121KB, TXT 21KB)
- 10/17/11 - Wildfires in the State of Texas (PDF 124KB, TXT 21KB)
- 10/20/11 - Accountability at FEMA: Is Quality Job #1? (PDF 117KB, TXT 19KB)
- 10/25/11 - Five Years Later: An Assessment of the Post Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act (PDF 124KB, TXT 23KB)
- 10/28/11 - The State of Northern Border Preparedness:
A Review of Federal, State, and Local Coordination (PDF 111KB, TXT 16KB)
- 11/17/11 - Federal Partners' Emergency Communications Collaboration and Capabilities (PDF 108KB, TXT 13KB)
- 11/29/11 - Ensuring Effective Preparedness and Response: Lessons Learned from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee (PDF 105KB, TXT 14KB)
- 2/23/10 - American Recovery And Reinvestment Act Of 2009 Fire Station Construction Grant Program (PDF 72KB, TXT 12KB)
- 05/26/10 - American Recovery And Reinvestment Act Of 2009 Fire Station Construction Grant Program (PDF 79KB, TXT 16KB)
- 6/15/10 - Caring for Special Needs during Disasters: What’s being done for Vulnerable Populations? (PDF 129KB, TXT 31KB)
- 06/29/10 - FEMA’s Grant Programs Directorate (PDF 32KB, TXT 14KB)
- 09/29/10 - Earthquake Preparedness—What the United States can Learn from the 2010 Chilean and Haitian Earthquakes (PDF 119KB, TXT 42KB)
- 09/29/10 - Emergency Logistics Management: Transforming the Delivery of Disaster Relief for the 21st Century (PDF 139KB, TXT 24KB)
- 07/27/09 - Post Katrina: What it Takes to Cut the Bureaucracy and Assure a More Rapid Response After a Catastrophic Disaster (PDF 50KB, TXT 10KB)
- 07/8/09 - Reauthorization of the Fire Grant Programs (PDF 50KB, TXT 10KB)
- 07/8/09 - FEMA Housing: An Examination of Current Problems and Innovative Solutions (PDF 50KB, TXT 10KB)
- 02/25/09 - Post Katrina Disaster Response and Recovery: Evaluating FEMA's Continuing Efforts in the Gulf Coast and Response to Recent Disasters (PDF 69KB, TXT 35KB)
Archive: Former Administrator Fugate Speeches
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Craig Fugate talked about his agency's new "whole of community" approach to preparedness and response in federal disasters.
- FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate delivers the key-note address at the 23rd Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.
- Craig Fugate at TEDMED 2010 Craig Fugate talks about how FEMA and the federal government are learning to respond faster and more effectively to national disasters.
- Craig Fugate the FEMA Administrator speaks in New Orleans at the National Flood Conference May 2011.
- The American Red Cross hosted a day-long conference on the use of the Internet and social media in emergency communications. Craig Fugate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, made opening remarks.
- ESRI Conference
- Preparing for 21st Century Disasters Panel moderated by Professor Dutch Leonard and featuring Joseph Becker (SVP of American Red Cross), W. Craig Fugate (Director of FEMA), Bryan Koon (Director of Emergency Management at Walmart), and Kathleen Tierney (Director of Natural Hazards Center).
03/13/2019 - 13:09