alert - warning

This page has not been translated into Swahili. Visit the Swahili page for resources in that language.

Washington State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Washington State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Division of Developmental Disabilities Information on services and programs offered by the Developmental Disabilities Administration, available for people with disabilities and caretakers.
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Deaf and Hard of HearingProvides services to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind and speech-disabled facing communication barriers.  Services includes telecommunications, reasonable accommodations and client services.800-422-7930 (Voice/TTY)
360-725-3450 (Voice)
360-725-3455 (TTY)
Aging ServicesWashington Aging and Long-Term Support AdministrationPrograms, support, and services for aging individuals. Long term care, residential care, and directory of local services, information, and resources by county.360-725-2300
Agricultural AidWashington State USDA Farm Service AgencyUSDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides emergency loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine.509-323-3000
Agricultural AidWashington USDA Rural Development USDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 360-704-7740
Agricultural AidWashington Department of AgricultureInformation on animal services, food safety, plant protection, licenses, permits, grant programs, agriculture disaster, and marketing.360-902-1800
Animals/PetsWashington State Animal Response TeamThe Washington State Animal Response Team (WASART) helps companion animals and livestock out of immediate crisis and dangerous situations.  Opportunities for training, donation, and volunteerism available.Emergency: 425-681-5498
Consumer ServicesWashington Office of Attorney General - Consumer Protection DivisionInformation on consumer issues, outreach and education, Lemon Law Program, Manufactured/Mobile Home Dispute Resolution Program, scams, price gouging, and consumer complaint services.800-551-4636 (in-state)
Online form available
ContractorsWashington Department of Labor & Industry: Trades and LicensingOnline contractor's license verification and consumer complaints services.360-902-5800 
Crisis CounselingCrisis Clinic of the PeninsulasServing Kitsap, Clallam & Jefferson Counties.  Providing crisis intervention, information referral, and a supportive listening ear to people  who are experiencing situational distressEmergency:  911
Crisis CounselingThe Crisis Clinic of Thurston and Mason CountiesProvides confidential, anonymous and immediate response, at no cost, to Thurston and Mason County residents.Emergency:  911
360-586-2800  (Crisis Line)
360-586-2777 (Youth Help Line)
Crisis CounselingWashington Suicide and Crisis HotlinesListing of local suicide and crisis lines, outreach clinics, and mental health providers, 24/7 support in the area.Emergency:  911
See listing for local numbers and locations
Disaster Specific Information   
Disaster Unemployment Washington Employment Security Department: Unemployment BenefitsWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.800-318-6022 Online eServices available
Essential NeedsWashington Information Network 2-1-1Health and human service information and referrals and other assistance to meet their needs.  Online database search available by location.211
Essential NeedsWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Food, Cash, MedicalApplication assistance for public benefits such as food stamps, Medicaid, and other state financial assistance. Community Services:
Essential NeedsWashington Department of Health: Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC) ProgramWIC is for pregnant women, new and breastfeeding moms, and children under 5.
Nutrition evaluation and monthly vouchers to receive supplemental, highly nutritious foods such as cereal, cheese, milk, eggs, peanut butter and dried beans.  Online directory for WIC Clinics.
General:  800-841-1410 
Essential NeedsFood Lifeline Supporting food banks, shelters, and meal programs throughout Western Washington.
Referrals to organizations providing emergency food assistance, online "Need Food" search by location.
877-404-7543 206-545-6600 
Essential NeedsWashington State Dept of Agriculture: Food AccessReferrals to organizations providing emergency food assistance.360-725-5640
Family & Protective ServiceWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Report Abuse and NeglectIndividuals concerned with children or adults at risk for abuse and neglect. Emergency: 911
TTY: 800-624-6186
Relay: 711
Financial AssistanceWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Economic ServicesInformation and application for Economic Services.  Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary cash for families in need. Some families participate in the WorkFirst Program. The WorkFirst Program helps participants find and keep jobs.800-865-7801
Health Care Services Washington Apple Health (Medicaid)In Washington State, Medicaid is called Apple Health. Apple Health provides preventative care, like cancer screenings, treatment for diabetes and high blood pressure, and many other health care services1-800-562-3022
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care Services Washington Apple Health Behavioral HealthAssistance with mental health, substance use, recovery support, peer support, employment support, housing support and prevention360-725-1500
Health Care ServicesWashington Department of Social & Health Services: Aged, Blind and DisabledInformation about Health care coverage for aged, blind or disabled individuals.800-865-7801
Housing InformationWashington USDA Rural Development USDA Rural Development provides low interest mortgages, guaranteed mortgages, 1% interest mortgages for seniors, loans for repairs and mortgage payment assistance for families living in rural areas. 360-704-7740
Housing InformationWashington Department of Social and Health Services:  Housing AssistanceHousing and Essential Needs (HEN) Referral Program provides access to essential needs items and potential rental assistance for low-income individuals who are unable to work for at least 90 days due to a physical and/or mental incapacity. HEN may include limited rent and utility assistance, move in costs, personal health and hygiene items, cleaning supplies and transportation assistance. 800-865-7801
  Agency prefers people apply online
InsuranceWashington State Office of Insurance Commissioner General insurance information and online fraud or complaint reporting services.800-562-6900
Legal ServicesWashington State Bar Association: PublicInformation and referrals for legal clinics and programs,  affordable legal services, and referrals to attorneys providing legal services to individuals affected by a disaster.800-945-9722
Roadside Assistance &
Road Conditions
Washington Department of Transportation: 511 Travel InformationState highway traffic and weather information is available by dialing 511 from most phones.  Online traffic information available.511
Tax AssistanceWashington State Department of RevenueState tax information assistance for individuals and businesses.  Online fraud reporting. Local office listing and contact information.360-705-6741
Business licensing  360-705-6705
Tax assistance 360-704-5900
Sales & Use Tax
Live chat online
Veterans ServicesWashington Department of Veterans Affairs Information regarding veteran benefits including pensions, medical care, home loans, burial, and life insurance.800-562-2308
TDD: 360-725-2199
Vital StatisticsWashington Department of LicensingReplacement identification and drivers license services, vehicle registration, boat registration, and title services.  Online services available, and directory of "Office locations".See office locations directory
Vital StatisticsWashington Department of Health: Licenses, Permits, and CertificatesReplacement birth, death, marriage certificates and other vital document services.360-236-4300

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024