On June 7, 2022, FEMA Region 3’s Regional Administrator, MaryAnn Tierney, will host a media tour of Region 3’s Regional Response Coordination Center (RRCC) to give an overview of FEMA’s support to state partners in the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season and the agency’s focus on equity in operations before, during and after disasters. A press briefing will take place highlighting preparedness for the upcoming season and the year-round work of FEMA and partners to protect lives and property from hurricane impacts.
Following the press briefing, Regional Administrator Tierney will participate in a media availability with Dr. Christopher Rodriguez, Director of the Washington DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA), as well as David Manning, Meteorologist-in-Charge for the National Weather Service’s Eastern Region Regional Operations Center.
- Tuesday, June 7 9:00 AM EDT, FEMA Region 3 Regional Administrator MaryAnn Tierney, along with NWS and DC HSEMA partners, will participate in a press briefing and media availability at the FEMA Region 3 Office, located at One Independence Mall, 615 Chestnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19106.
- Credentialed media planning to attend the press event must RSVP to Charlie Elison at email@example.com by 3:00 PM EDT on June 6th, 2022. Media members must RSVP in order to pass through building security. Cameras and equipment are subject to screening by security.
- Media must arrive no later than 8:30 AM EDT on June 7 at the One Independence Mall building entrance.
- A B-Roll package of FEMA Region 3’s Regional Response Coordination Center in full operational capacity will be available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media Availability includes MaryAnn Tierney, Regional Administrator, FEMA Region 3; Dr. Chris Rodriguez, Director of the Washington DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA); and David Manning, Meteorologist-in-Charge for the National Weather Service’s Eastern Region Regional Operations Center.
For questions about FEMA, please contact FEMA Region 3 Office of External Affairs at email@example.com.
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters. FEMA Region 3’s jurisdiction includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/femaregion3 and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/femaregion3