How do I apply?
The AFG application is only available online in the FEMA GO (FEMA Grants Outcomes) application portal at FEMAGO - Login.
Registering and applying for an award under this program is a multi-step process and may take up to 4 weeks to complete.
To apply for an award under this program, all applicants must:
- Apply for, update, or verify their Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number and Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service;
- Have an account with login.gov;
- Register for, update or verify their SAM account and ensure the account is active before submitting the application;
- Register in FEMA GO, add the organization to the system, and establish the Authorized Organizational Representative. The organization’s electronic business point of contact (eBiz POC) from the SAM registration may need to be involved in this step. For step-by-step instructions, see Grants Management Modernization (GMM) FEMA GO Startup Guide;
- Submit the complete application in FEMA GO; and
- Continue to maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times during which the organization has an active federal award, or an application or plan under consideration by a federal awarding agency. As part of this, applicants must also provide information on an applicant’s immediate and highest-level owner and subsidiaries, as well as on all predecessors that have been awarded federal contracts or federal financial assistance within the last three years, if applicable.