The Office of the Flood Insurance Advocate (OFIA) advocates for the fair treatment of policyholders and property owners by: (1) providing education and guidance on all aspects of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), (2) identifying trends affecting the public and (3) making recommendations for NFIP improvements to FEMA leadership.
What information can OFIA help me find?
- How do I buy flood insurance and why do I need it?
- How can I understand the cost of flood insurance?
- How do I file a claim?
- How do I appeal a decision on my claim?
- How are flood maps developed?
- How can I find the flood maps for my property?
- How can I obtain a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)?
Information about OFIA
Ask the Advocate
If you have utilized existing resources and are still frustrated and confused.