#ASpaceToPrepare National Preparedness Month Twitter Spaces Chat
September is National Preparedness Month and FEMA is bringing people together via Twitter Spaces on Monday, September 13th to talk about how to prepare to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the communities you are a part of.
Date: September 13, 2021
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
September is National Preparedness Month and FEMA is bringing people together via Twitter Spaces to talk about how to prepare to protect yourself, your loved ones, and the communities you are a part of.
FEMA Region 3, 4, 8, and 10 are coming together to with subject matter experts in individual and community preparedness, disability integration, tribal affairs, mitigation, and flood insurance to discuss and answer important questions related to emergencies and how to prepare for them.
Follow @FEMARegion3 @FEMARegion4 @FEMARegion8 @FEMARegion10 to be notified when the Space is live.
Participate, interact, and tweet questions for our experts using the hashtag #ASpaceToPrepare
Link to Chat - https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1OdJrVDWkaAJX
Frequently Asked Questions About Twitter Spaces
- Where is Spaces available?
- Anyone can join, listen, and speak in a Space on Twitter for iOS and Android. Currently, starting a Space on Web is not possible, but anyone can join and listen in a Space.
- Can other people see my presence while I am listening in a Space?
- Since all Spaces are public, your presence and activity in a Space is also public. If you are logged into your Twitter account when you are in a Space, you will be visible to everyone in the Space as well as to others, including people who follow you and people who peek into the Space without entering.
- How do I get notified about a scheduled Space?
- Guests can sign up for reminder notifications from a scheduled Space card in a Tweet. When the Host starts the scheduled Space, the interested guests get notified via push and in-app notifications.
- Is Spaces accessible for people who are deaf or hard of hearing?
- At any point while Hosting, Listening, or Speaking inside of a Space, any person can tap the Show captions button, which will allow them to see live captions (with a few seconds of delay) of any Host or Speakers who have consented to having their speech in Spaces captioned. This event, hosted by FEMA, will turn on captions at the start of the event so that all participants are able to view them.
- Captions only appear on-screen when a person is looking at a live Space. We do not show captions to a person if they have docked the Space to the bottom of their Twitter app or are off the app (although the audio will continue to play).