- About the Agency
- Apply for Assistance
- Assistance To Firefighters Grant Program
- Authorized Equipment List
- Cascadia Rising 2016
- Center for Faith-Based & Neighborhood Partnerships
- Children and Disasters
- Climate Change
- Community Emergency Response Teams
- Community Resilience Indicators and National-Level Measures: A Draft Interagency Concept
- Contact Us
- Dam Safety
- Data Visualization
- Disaster Assistance Reports
- Disaster Declarations
- Disaster Emergency Communications
- Disaster Recovery Centers
- Document and Resource Library
- Email Updates
- Emergency Management Agencies
- Emergency Management Institute
- El Niño
- Environmental Planning and Historic Preservation Program
- Fact Sheets
- Finance Center
- Flood Hazard Mapping
- Flood Insurance
- Flood Map Service Center
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Grants Management Modernization Program
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance
- Hazard Mitigation Planning
- High Water Mark Initiative
- Hurricane Matthew
- Hurricane Katrina
- Incident Management Assistance Teams
- Independent Study Program
- Individual Assistance Program Tools
- Individual Disaster Assistance
- Integrated Public Alert & Warning System
- International Affairs
- Mobile App
- Mississippi Recovery
- Multimedia Library (Photos, Video, and Audio)
- National Exercise Program
- National Continuity Programs
- National Disaster Recovery Framework
- National Incident Management System
- National Preparedness
- News Releases
- News Desk Contacts
- Preliminary Damage Assessment Reports
- Preparedness (Non-Disaster) Grants
- Private Sector
- Protecting Homes
- Protecting Our Communities
- Protecting Your Businesses
- Public Assistance Appeals Database
- Public Assistance: Local, State, Tribal and Non-Profit
- Recovery Resources
- Region I
- Region II
- Region III
- Region IV
- Region V
- Region VI
- Region VII
- Region VIII
- Region IX
- Region X
- Required Notices
- Reservist Program
- Safer, Stronger, Protected Homes & Communities
- Sandy Recovery Office
- Social Media
- Testimony & Speeches
- Text Messages
- Unified Federal Environmental and Historic Preservation Review
- Urban Search and Rescue
- U.S. Coast Guard Retiree to FEMA Reservist Initiative
- Voluntary, Faith-Based, & Community-Based Organizations
- Volunteer & Donate Responsibly
Authorized Equipment List
Rescue and recovery protective ensemble garment (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Rescue and recovery protective ensemble gloves (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Rescue and recovery protective ensemble helmet (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Utility protective ensemble goggles (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Utility protective ensemble footwear (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Utility protective ensemble garment (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Utility protective ensemble gloves (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Utility protective ensemble helmet (certified as compliant with NFPA 1951).
Vapor-protective ensemble with optional flash fire protection, including totally encapsulating suit with attached or separate gloves and footwear or booties with outer boots (certified as compliant with NFPA 1991 with flash fire protection option).
Vapor-protective footwear with optional flash fire protection (certified as compliant with NFPA 1991 with flash fire protection option).
About the Standardized Equipment List
- The Interagency Board provides subject matter expertise on equipment used by first responders and other emergency management professionals.
- The Interagency Board maintains the Standardized Equipment List (SEL) which has most of the equipment types listed on the Authorized Equipment List.
- The numbering scheme for individual items on the Authorized Equipment List provides direct cross-referencing with the Standardized Equipment List.
- The Standardized Equipment List has relevant standards, training requirements and operating considerations for many of the equipment items.
- A link to the Standardized Equipment List will appear on each equipment item page.
About the System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders
- The System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders (SAVER) program produces market survey reports which provide operating information on individual commercially available items.
- Most equipment items have reports.
- The program site uses the same item numbers as the Authorized Equipment List and a link to their site will appear on each equipment item page.
- NOTE: They do not endorse any particular products or vendors.
FEMA is solely responsible for the content of the Authorized Equipment List. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government. Neither the United States Government nor any of its employees make any warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose by any specific commercial product, process or service referenced herein.