04AP-02-AVLS - Systems, Automatic Vehicle Locating (AVL)
Systems that utilize vehicle-based devices to provide real-time location to a central monitoring facility.
While some sensors and other hardware may be required, this functionality may also be obtainable via subscription as a cloud-based service using a web browser interface, as opposed to purchasing software. However, special security considerations apply for data stored remotely. See 04AP-11-SAAS for further information.
FEMA Related Grant Programs:
- Emergency Management Performance Grants (EMPG)
- Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP)
- Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP)
- Operation Stonegarden (OPSG)
- Port Security Grant Program (PSGP)
- State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
- Tribal Homeland Security Grant Program (THSGP)
- Urban Areas Security Initiative Program (UASI)
Standardized Equipment List
For more information on operating considerations, mandatory and applicable standards, and training requirements, visit the Interagency Board’s Standardized Equipment List site. You may also access 04AP-02-AVLS - Systems, Automatic Vehicle Locating (AVL) directly here. Note: some equipment items on the Authorized Equipment List maynot be listed on the Standardized Equipment List.
System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders
For market survey reports, visit the System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders site. To search for an equipment item, use the same Authorized Equipment List item number. Note: some equipment items may not have market survey reports.