Fire Management Assistance
Other Policy and Guidance
This page contains information about policies, guidance, and publications of the FEMA Public Assistance Program, including the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide.
Public Assistance Guidance on Inundated and Submerged Roads Public Comment and Matrix
FEMA is releasing the current draft of the Public Assistance Guidance on Inundated and Submerged Roads (per Section 1228 of the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018) for a 30-day public comment period. FEMA will accept public comments submitted between September 14, 2020 and October 14, 2020. FEMA requests that all comments be submitted to FEMA-Recovery-PA-Policy@fema.dhs.gov using the accompanying comments matrix. Any comments received during the public comment period will be reviewed and considered for the final version of the policy.
FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG)
The PA Policy and Program Guide (PAPPG) is a comprehensive, consolidated program and policy document for the Public Assistance Program. Additional guidance is provided below. Version 4 of the PAPPG is applicable to emergencies and major disasters declared on or after June 1, 2020. The previous version, Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (Version 3.1), applies to all emergencies and major disasters declared from August 23, 2017 through May 31, 2020.
Private Non-Profit Organizations
Public Assistance Fact Sheet: Private Nonprofit Houses of Worship
Since January 2018, PNP house of worship (HOW) have been able to apply for disaster assistance as community centers, regardless of their secular or religious nature. As long as they are open to the public like any other community center, they are eligible for the same aid funding as any other community center. This document describes the types of assistance HOWs can receive from FEMA.
Other Policy and Guidance
- Public Assistance Policy (in addition to the PAPPG)
- Public Assistance Fact Sheets, Job Aids and FAQs
- Public Assistance Alternative Procedures (Section 428)
- Standard Operating Procedures and Operations Manuals
- Community Disaster Loan (CDL) Program
- 406 Mitigation Brochure: Mitigate Disaster Damage with FEMA Public Assistance
Disaster Recovery Reform Act
- Section 1215 Management Costs
- Section 1230a Common Interest Community Eligibility
- Section 1235(b) Consensus-Based Codes and Standards
- Refer to the Public Assistance Fact Sheets to obtain a copy of the Disaster Recovery Reform Act Public Assistance Program Amendments Policy Fact Sheet.
Policy and Publication Archives
- 2005 Hurricane Katrina Guidance
- 2012 Hurricane Sandy Guidance
- 2017 Hurricane Guidance (Harvey, Irma, and Maria)
- 2018 Hurricane Guidance (Florence and Michael)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Guidance