FEMA text messages are sent from our dedicated number: 43362.
You can use FEMA's text message program to:
- Search for open shelters and open disaster recovery centers in your area.
- Receive safety tips to help you prepare for common disasters.
Standard message and data rates apply for any messages you receive from us.
Our text program is not a substitute for 9-1-1. During an emergency, call 9-1-1 or contact your local police, fire, or emergency medical services (EMS) agencies.
Note for Disaster Survivors
- FEMA inspectors may send text messages from their cell phones to schedule a time for your home inspection.
- In some cases, you may receive an automated text message from a third party on behalf of FEMA regarding your registration for FEMA assistance.
- IMPORTANT: A FEMA representative will not send text messages asking for personal or financial information and will never ask for money.
Search for Emergency Shelters Near You
To locate an open emergency shelter, text SHELTER and a Zip Code to 43362.
Note: Searching for shelters will not add you to a list.
Find Open Disaster Recovery Centers in Your Area
To locate an open Disaster Recovery Center, text DRC and a Zip Code to 43362.
Note: Searching for Disaster Recovery Centers will not add you to a list.
Sign Up For Safety Tips
Sign up to receive general information about how to prepare for any type of disaster:
- Text PREPARE to 43362
Sign up to receive safety tips about specific topics:
- Text BLACKOUT to 43362
- Text EARTHQUAKE to 43362
- Text FIRE to 43362
- Text FLOOD to 43362
- Text HURRICANE to 43362
- Text TORNADO to 43362
- Text WILDFIRE to 43362
- Text WINTER to 43362
- If you would like to subscribe to more than one list, please send a separate text for each topic.
- Sending STOP will automatically unsubscribe you from all lists.
Download the FEMA App
You can also use the FEMA text message program to receive a link for the FEMA App for your device. We’ll reply with a link back to your device's app store.
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362
- Unsubscribe (at any time): text STOP to 43362
- Get more information: text INFO to 43362
- List of all keywords you can subscribe to: text LIST to 43362
- For emergencies, contact your local police, fire, or emergency medical services (EMS) agencies.
- FEMA representatives will not solicit personal information or ask you to donate money to FEMA.
- We will never charge you for text messages, but carrier message and data rates may apply. Your carrier may collect additional data elements; please see their privacy policies for further details.
- We will not use your number for tracking, reverse look up, or any type of commercial marketing.
- If you have any questions about FEMA's text messaging program, please email us: FEMA-New-Media@fema.dhs.gov.