PrepTalks are given by subject-matter experts and thought leaders to spread new ideas, spark conversation, and promote innovative leadership for the issues confronting emergency managers now and over the next 20 years.
Each PrepTalk release includes a video of the presentation and the question-and-answer (Q&A) session, a discussion guide to support local action, and additional resources. PrepTalks Discussion Guides are companion documents to the PrepTalk videos. When used together, these guides help translate the research and expertise showcased in each presentation into action steps to improve disaster preparedness. PrepTalk videos from the symposium will be rolled out every three weeks.
Next PrepTalks Symposium
Join us for the next PrepTalks Symposium on April 23, 2019 in Santa Rosa, California! Visit https://preptalks-april-2019.eventbrite.com to register.
- Aligning Public and Private Supply Chains Following Disasters - Dr. Jarrod Goentzel
- Private Sector Resilience: It is All in the Supply Chain - Dr. Yossi Sheffi
- Saving Lives After a Nuclear Detonation - Brooke Buddemeier
- Public Works & Emergency Management - Restoring Life Line Services - Philip Mann
- Triage, Ethics, And Operations: Healthcare Emergency Preparedness and Response - Dr. Sheri Fink
- Understanding the Value of Insurance - Sean Kevelighan
- We Succeed or Fail Together - Vance Taylor
- Rethinking School Safety - Michele Gay
- Safety is Personal: Lessons Learned as a Survivor of the Virginia Tech Tragedy - Kristina Anderson
- Youth: The Key to Building a Culture of Preparedness - Sarah Thompson
- Children and Disasters: Reducing Vulnerability and Building Capacity - Dr. Lori Peek
- The Unthinkable: Lessons from Survivors - Amanda Ripley
- Financial Literacy and Overcoming Liquid Asset Poverty - John Hope Bryant
- The Making of a Resilient Future: Disaster Risk in Developing Countries - Francis Ghesquiere
- Land Use Planning for Community Resilience - Dr. Philip Berke
- Who’s at Risk? Rapid Mapping of Potential Hazard Exposure - Dr. Robert Chen
- Social Capital in Disaster Mitigation and Recovery - Dr. Daniel Aldrich
- The Next Pandemic: Lessons from History - John M. Barry
- Modernizing Public Warning Messaging - Dr. Dennis Mileti
Please send an email to FEMA-TARequest@fema.dhs.gov with questions or comments on PrepTalks.
PrepTalks are a partnership of the emergency management community: